Mauri Ora Projects Advisor (1058) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Mauri Ora Projects Advisor, Full-Time, Fixed Term (12 months)
- Do you have proven experience in business administration and project management?
- Are you an excellent communicator and natural relationship builder?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Projects Advisor to join Student Health & Counselling (Mauri Ora) on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
- Managing Human Resources on behalf of the Mauri Ora Clinical Leads.
- Updating templates, room rosters, and meeting schedules.
- Oversee the communication and promotional activities within Mauri Ora.
- Collecting and analysing Mauri Ora data.
- Run a monthly Student Participation Group.
- Undertaking a variety of other projects as required.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders. This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting for the individual with the right temperament.
- Proven experience in administrative and project management work within a high demand service environment.
- Sound business administration acumen and knowledge of core functions and administrative processes and good practice; including planning and the development and improvement of policies and guidelines.
- Good working familiarity and the ability to learn new systems including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office desktop suite, customer service management systems and other systems related to health service provision.
- Outstanding people and communication skills including the ability to adjust to different audiences.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in working effectively in a multicultural environment.
- A relevant tertiary or equivalent level qualification.
- Experience working in a primary health care setting is desirable.
This role requires safety checking through the police vetting system under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
Close Date for Vacancy: 18 April 2021
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Jo Veale by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.