Fitness Advisor (1032) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Fitness Advisor, Part-Time (20 hours per week), Permanent
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook?
- Are you qualified in Physical Education, Recreation or other related disciplines?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a part-time (20 hours per week) Fitness Advisor to join the University Recreation Wellington team on a permanent contract.
Catering to the needs of over 2,000 members per year the unique and diverse Fitness Advisor role ensures members of the Victoria University of Wellington community stay healthy, motivated and active.
- Ensure recreation spaces are safe, welcoming and accessible for the University community.
- Deliver a range of wellbeing and fitness support services and opportunities for the University community.
- Actively support the Fitness and Wellbeing Manager with the coordination of the Group Exercise programme, oversight of fitness facilities and equipment purchasing and maintenance.
- Regularly consult and measure community need, identifying solutions to challenges and adjusting support services to meet the expectation.
- Ensure basic operational administration is completed, using the central database and other core administrative processes.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
Along with a proven ability to multi-task and communicate effectively, essentials to apply for the role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Comprehensive programme prescription experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Additional desired skills/experience include:
- Experience coordinating and supervising fitness and/or recreational events.
- Experience in a physical education or recreation environment.
- Current first-aid certificate.
We need someone who is organised, innovative and passionate about fitness and recreation. This is an ideal role for someone looking for diverse development opportunities and the chance to make a real difference in the lives of students.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
An exciting opportunity to work within a supportive and energetic environment. This role is perfect for a multi-skilled professional with fitness programming and administration experience who is looking to make a difference in a tertiary environment. Join our recreation team and help lead our community through the delivery of effective health, fitness and wellbeing services.
Close Date for Vacancy: 31 March 2021
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Meredith Price, 04 463 6655, Meredith.email@example.com. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.