Senior Standards Engineer (JO015353) Doha, Qatar
- Sc. in Engineering from an accredited university and preferably with corporate membership
- of a recognised internationally chartered or other professional institution.
- 10-15 years post graduate experience in design and construction of plant and equipment, of which at least seven (7) years will have been in the oil and gas industry holding a position of
- Senior Engineering Staff or higher. Experience in the Arabian Gulf is desirable as is prior work experience with standards and methodology in an engineering, corporate environment.
- A working knowledge of SAP, as implemented in an engineering entity, would be helpful.
- Must be computer literate, highly motivated, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be familiar with ISO requirements and general Quality Management concepts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with a multi-discipline departmental team in reviewing existing procedures, identifying new procedural needs, and documenting needed changes to existing
- Moderates the procedural creation process, schedules the required team sessions, and maintains records of all work completed and documents either created or changed.
- Provide familiarization and training courses on the application of the various departmental standards, guidelines, procedures, manuals and specifications.
- Participates in internal technical audits on projects being executed within the department.
- Reviews and provides input to inter-departmental procedures, when required.
- Participates in maintaining an electronic, online library containing all approved departmental procedural documentation (e.g., procedures, guidelines, work instructions,
- Participates in writing, editing and maintaining departmental engineering manuals.
- Formulates and maintains departmental specifications and datasheets, as assigned.
- Participates in maintaining the SAP system at a departmental level.
- Participates in maintaining the departmental Preferred Vendors List