Lead Offshore Structural Engineer (JO014435) Doha, Qatar
Our client, a global oil and gas leader, is currently looking for Lead Offshore Structural Engineer, who will be based in Doha, Qatar.
Reporting lines and interactions:
• Hierarchically reports to: HOD, Structural
• Operationally reports to: Project Manager, HOD - Structural
• Directly supervises (operationally): Senior Structural Engineer
• Key interactions (internally, externally): Engineering Discipline Manager, Cost Control Manager, Planning Manager, Estimating Manager, Client and Licensor.
Job Description and Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Civil/Structural engineering discipline
• Minimum 20 – 25 years of experience in design of offshore structures/platforms
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as Lead Structural Engineer
• Hands on experience on SACS
• Experience in the Gulf region would be an advantage
• International codes and standards – API RP 2A, AISC, DNC
• Provide technical and project execution services
• Establish the highest standard of technical knowhow
• Basic and detailed engineering of offshore structural, both Brownfield and Greenfield.
• Reviewing staff capability, identifying training needs of employees
• Proficiency in performing analyses, design and checking of drawing
• Design of fixed offshore platforms, Jacket, Deck FPSO
• Re assessment of Old platforms
• Miscellaneous brown field design works
• Transportation, lift, on bottom stability, pile drivability
• In place fatigue analysis (Deterministic and Spectral)
• Geotechnical design of piles and conductors
• Pile drivability analysis, Pushover analysis, Boat landing
• Protector Structure
• Connections, Pad eye etc.
• Site survey and report