Layout & MEH CAD Designer (JO014438) England
The Layout & Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC (MEH) CAD Designer is assigned to the Layout & MEH Engineering Team and their activity is coordinated by the Responsible Layout & MEH Teal Lead.
The Layout & MEH CAD Designer works closely with the Layout & MEH Engineering Team and SDLT Team, also they have a close connection with Client. These engineers will provide the input data as well as reviewing the works of the Layout & MEH CAD Designer.
• Modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling MEH structures according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the traceability is maintained throughout the model ensuring the MEH rules/guidance are correctly followed.
• Carrying out detailed modelling activities of the MEH structures on the 3D modelling tool.
• When requests for changes are issued by the MEH engineer, the MEH CAD Designer incorporates the changes into the 3D modelling tool, having checked their technical consistency.
• In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the responsible steelwork engineer, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model.
• Performing of 2D-3D Checks.
• Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design & knows how to deal with design and layout constraints
• Strong experience in the MEH drafting
• Auto-CAD experience
• Knowledge of a 3D modelling tool for MEH
• PDMS, (or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application)
• Drawing production skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to identify continuous improvements
• Fluent in English – written & verbal
• Experience in Mechanical/Electrical Design
• Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
• Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
• French language skills – written & verbal
Software & Tools:
• AutoCAD 2D & 3D or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application
• MS Office & Outlook