Piping & Layout Engineering (Jo123456) Paris, France
|USD250 - USD300 per day + Negotiable
Position: Piping/Layout Engineering
Duration: 12 months Renewable
Location: FRANCE/Paris area, then Contractor premises (Paris or UK or Japan) then Oman Worldwide missions to be forecasted due to spread of Contractors’ and main vendors locations.
- Accountable for all matters related to the Piping/Layout engineering, fit for purpose and with full respect to the Statement Of Requirement with approved changes.
- Prepares and suggests technical content of essential studies to initiate EPC contractor action and conformity with state of the art in LNG plant design.
- Supervises all subcontracted studies and provides support to other packages with the support of Head Quarters specialist.
- Ensure Piping/Layout choices take into account constructability, operability and flexibility of the facilities
- Proposes recommendations on technical deviation requests and keeps updated the documentation related to the Piping/Layout disciplines.
- Participates to studies required by third parties as required.
- Communicates and applies the H3SE policies of the COMPANY and ensure the engineering is developed accordingly.
- Ensures the correct implementation of Company rules and specifications (CR’s/ GS’s), Project specifications, relevant international standards and any applicable regulations requirements.
- Leads the review of the CONTRACTOR’ key deliverables such as Piping/Layout studies consolidate comments from the other engineering disciplines and operations.
- Provides technical assistance to the project for any technical audits (required by the banks and the insurance companies or Board of Directors, PR...).
- Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
- Reports potential impact on overall project strategy, planning and target achievement.
- Promotes workshops with the HQ specialist and or contractor’s specialist in order to ensure COMPANY concepts and comments are well understood and quickly integrated in technical documents.
- Guides CONTRACTOR main design selection in a Fit-for-Purpose approach in order to reach an optimized design. Accordingly, he promotes and follow until approval the deviation request to COMPANY requirements in the main time.
- Ensures through efficient review the good respect of the applicable frame of reference.
- Participates actively to proper interface management with Process, Safety, Electrical, Instrumentation... studies carried out during the EPSCC phase.
- Reviews and comments the key technical documents of the interfacing disciplines such as Process, Safety, instrumentation, rotating machines ... as well as project procedures, if required.
- Participates to the Project HAZID, PR.
- Provides its technical inputs to any contractual discussions with EPC Contractor.
- Contributes to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management when applicable.
- Participate to Vendors and in particular for LLIs technical evaluation.
- Ensure design validity and coherence with other disciplines and throughout the LNG Facilities.
- Participates actively to proper interface management with all The Project LNG contractor (TANK, SIPC, OQGN, etc)
- Call for/Participate to interfaces coordination activities and ensure synergies are developed between the different Contractors.
- Get knowledge of the Omani norms and practices and use it in project when relevant.
- Assist commissioning, start up and Operation team when required. Transfer project knowledge to operations.
- Prepare REX and Lessons Learnt all along the FEED.
- Contribute to personnel skills improvement and encourage knowledge transfer
- Mechanical Engineer with proven experience (> 10 years) specialty in Piping/Layout
- Professional experience: several years of proven experience in EPSCC stages of oil and gas projects
- The candidate must also have basic knowledge in welding, Corrosion engineering.
- Good teamwork, strong minded
- Knowledge of project development in Oman and methods used to submit dossier to state expertise, permitting process, technical approval, Omani norms and standards, are all either an advantage or to progressively acknowledge and incorporate.
- Fluent in English