Senior PVV Engineer (Jo123456) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD250 - USD300 per day + Negotiable|
Position: Senior PVV Engineer
Location: Doha/India/Vietnam/Malaysia/Oman/China/Korea/ Singapore
Duration: Nov 2025
Ensure Engineering Dossier delivered with a robust PVV engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of THE COMPANY standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure and coordinate the proper realization of the PVV design in compliance with THE COMPANY Standard, project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Challenge Contractor on the proposed design, oversee the development of the PVV design including equipment layout development, stress analysis, piping design and provide support to Contractor to achieve fit for purpose design
- Promote field technical optimization/cost savings, ensuring first that they are compliant with the project schedule and the contracts, liaising with the PVV Lead.
- Identify PVV engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and report to PVV Lead.
- Work with weight control engineer and engineering team to ensure close weight monitoring and control of weight.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification of and specification of the LLI
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/lesson learned from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance.
- Work closely with AVEVA 3D model admin and PMD Coordinators on development of design layout and Assist in planning and preparation of PVV discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor
- Support procurement engineering including TBEs and vendor documents review, and assist in manufacture site visit
- Support fabrication and construction engineering on review of engineering documents, modification approval, non-conformity reviews and assist in closer of punch lists
- Support project during installation and hookup stage and review/approval work-pack, review of red-marks
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project PVV discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
- Ensure project documents related to the PVV discipline are reviewed and commented in a timely manner and in accordance with THE COMPANY standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Ensure as far as possible standardization of design proposals for wellhead platforms
- Coordinate and issue project response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Identify the protentional deviations/derogations to the THE COMPANY to and assist in preparation of deviation package
- Consult E&C department to process derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Review of final project documentation including final dossiers and as-built drawings.
- Assisting to project studies and meetings related to the PVV discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Assist PVV Lead to define, follow up and evaluate the PVV discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors, ensure the studies completed as per approved project gate and maturity.
- Assist in preparation and attend to project studies including model review, HAZID, HAZOP, constructability review, PRs.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, HAZID).
- Participate in weekly PVV engineering meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Assist in preparation of engineering progress reports detailing PVV discipline progress across schedule. risks and technical issues to ensure accurate and timely information available to Package Management Team
- Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the PVV discipline, conducting initial impact assessment to provide detailed information to PVV Lead.
- Identify potential engineering scope change related to PVV discipline, carry out initial technical assessment in order to provide accurate information to PVV Lead.
- Ensure the design follows the approved SOR, basis of design and project standards, captured and manage any changes as per project change management plan.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Qualification: Engineering degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience: Minimum 12 years’ experience as mechanical/ PVV engineer in Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong knowledge in piping components, valves, pressure vessels, PDMS, welding, metallurgy, piping codes (ASME, API, ASTM),
- Extensive experience in piping, vessel and valve engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Computer literate, especially in structural calculation software.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus, and with relevant codes and standards,
- Language: fluent English,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.