Piping Engineer (Jo123456) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD250 - USD300 per day + Negotiable|
Position: Piping Engineer
Duration: 01St Jan 2024 - 31st Dec 2025
Location: Doha, Onshore
- Ensure and promote the application of THE COMPANY HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards and guidelines
- international rulesets.
- Liaise as required with THE COMPANY’s shareholders, THE COMPANY D&W / FOPS and MP entities to ensure Piping strategies and current
- best industry technical knowledge is applied and enforced.
- Ensure that contractors always comply with the above, taking actions as required in case of deviation.
- Promote safety culture within THE COMPANY personnel and contractors including reporting of anomalies.
- Develop the design of new piping installations or modifications in conjunction with E&C, D&W, FOPS and MP entities.
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Prepare requisitions for piping material procurement and technical bids evaluation.
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for all packages for piping related activities.
- Review the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Produce and supervise detailed engineering performed by Contractors.
- Review Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, HAZOP studies & materials take-off
- for all required THE COMPANY entities e.g. D&W / FO and MP thus providing consistency and standardization for CAPEX/OPEX
- Ensure that Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check them regularly to achieve THE COMPANY quality, expectations.
- Provide technical support for development and update of THE COMPANY piping standards.
- Participate in KOM and required technical meetings with Contractors.
- Perform in-house piping stress analysis and vibration assessment (with limited guidance) to support FOPS and E&C, brownfield projects.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum Qualification: BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years in offshore oil & gas covering Design Offices, fabrication/installation with minimum 3 years of professional experience in Piping engineering for offshore projects.
- Good sense of team spirit, strong interpersonal, transferable and communication skills. Fluent in English (Verbal/written).