Assistant Accountant (NV0304) Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
About The Role
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for assisting the designated Senior Financial Accountant in the maintenance of proper accounting records for a range of companies within the Navitas Group.
The key elements of this role are to assist in ensuring that the general ledgers for select legal entities are complete and accurate and prepared in compliance with Group accounting policies and that related party transactions are correctly recorded.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in preparing the financial information of the designated companies within the Navitas Group
- Review and post intercompany transactions (including cross charges or allocations) and reconcile on an accurate and timely basis
- Prepare and fully reconcile the selected general ledger balances for the designated legal entities on a timely basis for review by the Financial Accountant
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Accountant to understand transactions and the impacts on the financial information prepared
- Ensure the accurate calculation and of accounting of commissions payable
- Assist in the maintenance of the Fixed Assets for selected legal entities
- Assist Senior Finance staff and external auditors as appropriate at half year and year end
- Assist in the preparation of the Overseas Student Health Cover annual reconciliation
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and the general needs of the finance function as required from time-to-time
- Maintenance of filing and archives including prompt and appropriate filing of finance/accounts documentation
- An understanding of and commitment to Navitas’ Policies and Procedures.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service at all times.
- General duties commensurate with the role as determined by the UPA Financial Controller and the Senior Financial Accountant
The ideal candidate we seek will have the following:
- Minimum part qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA
- Previous experience in an Assistant Accounting role
- A good level of computer literacy
- Strong excel skills
- Good analytical skills
- Team player, exhibits flexibility for different tasks and willingness to learn
- Good communication, interpersonal and self-management skills
- Ability to work independently and utilise a level of initiative
- Good time management skills
- Relevant educational industry experience, particularly with the tertiary sector or with entities providing services to international students
- User knowledge of Oracle EBusiness Suite R12 and Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems (or similar)
What we can offer you:
- A fun, supportive and stable team environment
- First class modern facilities close to transport
- Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing packages
- Salary packaging options and novated leasing
Navitas is a leading global education provider that delivers an extensive range of educational services to over 80,000 students annually through more than 120 institutions in 31 countries. We are proud to be a global education provider and strive for continuous growth and excellence with students at our forefront.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online. For enquiries about the role, please contact Xhann Kho on 02 9025 4790.
Applications close on Friday, 15/10/2021 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.