Divisional Head of People (VJDDHOP07) Coventry, England
|Salary:||Car, bonus, pension, healthcare|
Divisional Head of People
Midlands based – location flexible
Attractive benefits package at Associate Director level within Countryside
Package to include up to 30% bonus, company car / allowance, gold pension & executive healthcare
Are you a natural people person? Can you lead and inspire teams through periods of growth? If so, then you are what we’re looking for.
As part of our recently announced growth plans, we are looking for an innovative people leader to support and enhance our people across the Midlands. We are looking to invest in new regions, open new factories and further develop our existing teams, providing an exceptional opportunity for a new Divisional Head of People.
Creating places people love is what gets us up in the morning. We build places of character, designed to build peoples sense of community, and provide people with a sense of belonging and value. We aim to create and nurture a forward thinking culture by putting people at the heart of what we do, both those that work for us, and those we impact in the communities we create.
Who are we?
Countryside operates nationally across 13 existing regions and two timber frame factories, soon to be 16 regions and 3 timber frame factories! Right now, as part of this growth, we are expanding our teams across the Group, and are seeking a Divisional Head of People to support our Midlands Division.
Within this Division, we currently have regions that operate across the South Midlands, West Midlands and the East Midlands, but will soon be expanding into a new region in the Chilterns (Milton Keynes) and also a new region in the South West (Bristol).
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability and willingness to work at both a strategic and operational level
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively partner with members of a wider senior management team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence Senior Managers within our business
- Ability to provide advice and guidance which is appropriate and fully consistent with legal requirements, company policy and best practice
- Working knowledge of current employment legislation, with a thorough understanding of HR policies, systems, and processes
- Demonstrable exposure to, and competence around the full HR spectrum of processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively at all levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
We feel that to be fully effective within this role, it is beneficial if you:
- Have proven experience of leading and embedding change management initiatives
- Have previously reported to multiple lines of management, for us this would be both Group HR and Divisional CEO
- Possess experience working as a Senior HR Business Partner or Head of HR in a large division of a PLC or standalone in a smaller company
- Are experienced within Construction or Housebuilding. However, albeit this would be advantageous, it isn’t essential for this role.
- Are CIPD Level 7 qualified or possess a Masters qualification in a Human Resources discipline
What is the purpose of this role?
Within this key role, you would:
- Shape, deliver and measure all People related activities within the division by partnering closely with the Divisional CEO and key stakeholders, working collaboratively with other divisional Heads of People to ensure a cohesive approach.
- Lead and embed change initiatives and other People related projects
- Coach and guide the Senior Leadership teams by providing expert advice on people issues and organisational changes.
- Champion and drive employee engagement and high performance ensuring that people managers understand the motivational drivers in their teams and provide inspirational leadership
- Drive a collaborative approach to internal communication which reflects a modern, consistent, and engaging approach to embedding the values and culture throughout the Group.
- Lead and develop a team of People professionals to deliver effective people interventions and activities
- Lead on specific Group-wide People initiatives
What do I need to achieve within this role?
As part of this role you can be expected to:
- Partner closely with divisional leadership team, focusing on building strong relationships with senior managers including Managing Directors, Directors, Associate Directors, Heads of Departments and Senior Managers
- Be a trusted advisor to the Divisional CEO and to the Regional MDs, building a strong coaching relationship with each one
- Act as a senior point of contact for the employees and managers in the division
- Attend relevant board, management, and department meetings for the division to advise and guide on all people related activities and changes
- Manage all People related queries for the division and escalate or delegate as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Finance Director for the division to understand and manage the manpower plan and to track this throughout the financial year
- Provide advice and guidance to senior leaders, management, and People Partners/Advisors in the division on employee relations issues
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of employment law and advise the senior team on changes that impact them
- Working with the Group Chief People Officer, Culture Transformation Director, and People Partner(s), manage the performance management process for the division and region(s) to ensure SMART objectives are set and reviewed regularly. Coach line management regarding ongoing performance issues
- Working with the People Partner(s), manage the annual pay review process for the division including 1-to-1 discussions with senior management and facilitation of calibration meetings.
- Support other divisional Heads of People, or People Partners across divisions to deliver organisational change programmes and champion a best practice approach to change management within business units
- Working in collaboration with the Group Recruitment Lead, Divisional People Development Partners and the Fleet & Facilities team, to ensure consistency of process across all sites and offices
- Deputise for the Group Chief People Officer and/or Culture Transformation Director as needed, and take the lead on business as usual People activities and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders in the division by providing input and support for business decisions, offering appropriate challenge, and working to ensure that decisions are aligned with organisational direction and priorities
- Proactively monitor all relevant ‘people’ data to identify emerging trends and then coach the business to take appropriate action or intervention
- Work with the regional management teams to review and update succession plans for key talent and key job positions
What’s in it for you?
We start by putting our people first. We offer industry leading salaries and benefit packages, inclusive of an excellent bonus scheme, family healthcare, a generous pension, and a full range of flexible benefits to suit you. On top of this, and as part of our Culture Transformation, we offer flexible working, Christmas off “for free”, freshly refurbished offices and we dress for our day! We also invest heavily in our people and are passionate about helping them succeed.
Interested? If you would like to find out more or to be considered for this role, please click apply and upload your CV and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch.
Countryside Properties PLC is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and promote equality across our business. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and / or additional arrangements as required to support your application.