Director of Training & Development
The Director of Training and Development will Oversee and direct the development and implementation of training strategy, initiatives and programs for the company. Plans, develops, markets, implements and tracks training programs to enhance the skill level of employees. Aligns training programs to company initiatives and strategies.
1. Oversees and directs the development and implementation of training strategy, initiatives and programs for the company.
2. Establishes and maintains a cadence of continuous training to strengthen and reinforce the companys core values and commitment to development.
3. Partners closely with business leaders to understand team challenges, skill gaps and training needs in order to create and deliver an effective training road map across the business.
4. Ensures, monitors and provides essential reporting on training programs and effectiveness.
5. Develops and creates effective learning modules and programs by leveraging effective adult-learning principles and technology.
6. Delivers instructor-led classroom training as needed.
7. Manages and develops a team of training and development professionals.
8. Directs allocation and administration of budget and resources, including contracts with third-party vendors.
h Customer Focus/Sales Growth
h Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
h Change Mastery
h Attracting and Developing Talent
h Business/Financial Acumen
Education and Experience Requirements
h Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, instructional technology or a related field required; Masters degree preferred
h 10+ years of training and development experience required. Experience with learning strategy, program execution, and budget management required.
h 5+ years of management experience required
h Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), SPHR/PHR and/or other credentials preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
h Knowledge of training principles, practices and methods, including needs assessment and instructional design
h Knowledge of training theories and principles, including applied behavioral science, adult learning theory, and established industry models of evaluation
h Knowledge of current training technology (e-learning, learning management systems, course development software)
h Knowledge of change management principles and methods
h Skill and ability to facilitate and conduct instructor-led and/or virtual training
h Ability to organize, manage and lead multiple projects and teams
h Professional written and verbal communication skills including influencing, group facilitation and persuading others
h Attention to detail and analytical skills
h Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team
h Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
h Knowledge of general business principles and practices
h Financial acumen, including budgeting and resource management
h Knowledge and skill to develop, implement and execute policies
h Ability to travel overnight for meetings and training