Junior Development Engineer (f/m/d) (922341TP) Zug, Schweiz
Junior Development Engineer (f/m/d) – GMP / Hardware Testing / Software Testing / ISTQB / English
For our customer Roche Diagnostics International AG based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a highly qualified Junior Development Engineer
In a global, cross-functional environment, the System Development (SD) department is responsible for workflow optimization and successfully integrating hardware, software, consumables, and reagents to finally perform the system verification of diagnostics instruments.
As a Development Engineer, you will work as a part of a cross-functional team on product care of launched complex diagnostics systems (e.g. cobas 6800/8800), typically fluidics, robotics software, thermal, electrical, mechanical, and biochemical elements. Perform hands-on testing, including evaluations of system error handling, reliability improvements, and system performance.
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for someone who has either a testing background or has laboratory equipment experience. The candidate must be able to work independently and in a laboratory environment, who can set software and hardware tests with sample or reagents.
You are someone who wants to influence your development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the work packages within the area of responsibility, including reporting and escalating issues to management
· Subject matter expert for an assigned area of responsibility
· Provide guidance and support to others
· Flexibility to transfer knowledge to different tasks/subprojects within SI
· Generate required documentation/procedures/technical reports in support of daily activities and be able to author official documents in English (e.g., Design history Files) for the preparation of milestones.
· Prepare and deliver presentations of project/test results to own or other groups
· Experimental design and execution of the experiments in the lab
· Creation of Test Cases based on Product Requirements.
· Execution of Test Cases, analysis of the results, and creation of the respective regulatory documents.
· Issue tracking and verification of bug fixes/Anomalies
· Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
· Document and maintain software functionality
· Coordinate efforts with other functional areas to accomplish tasks: hardware, Software-, Consumables-and Assay-Development
- Min. Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering, informatics, or life sciences discipline (e.g., Biotechnology, Electronic/Automation, Bio- and Process-Engineering) or corresponding job experience
· Min.1 year of experience in Software and Hardware Testing, preferably in the laboratory diagnostics and/or service & support environment
· Experience and willingness to work in a highly regulated industry and labs with biosafety levels S1 and S2
· Interest in the resolution of technical problems and interdisciplinary teamwork (labor, software, automation)
· Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills. Solution oriented, autonomous and proactive working style.
· Working knowledge English (written and spoken)
Nice to have:
- ISTQB foundation or higher
· German a strong asset
· Familiarity with or strong interest in software and engineering applications and tools such as programming (e.g., VBA), statistical simulation, and analysis (e.g., JMP)
Reference Nr.: 922341TP
Role: Junior Development Engineer
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete dossier via the link in this advertisement. If this position does not fit your profile and you wish to be considered for another position directly, you can also send us your dossier via this ad or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Contact us for more information about our company, our positions or our attractive Payroll-Only programme: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Swiss company with offices in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult specialises in the placement of highly qualified candidates for recruitment in the fields of IT, Life Science & Engineering.
We offer staff leasing & payroll services. For our candidates this is free of charge, also for Payroll we do not charge you any additional fees.