PR & Media Manager (293442DC) Bristol, England
PR & Media Manager USA Voluntary role – 6 weeks
Voluntary opportunity for PR & Media Manager to travel and work in the USA in 2020
The USA 2020 Challenge will see Ben Smith, Founder of The 401 Challenge, run a marathon in each of the 50 US state capitals as well as cycle between each one. Ben’s aim is to complete the 14,001 miles in 104 days: starting in July 2020 and finishing October 2020. During this epic challenge, with the help of schools, organisations and individuals in the UK, Ben hopes to raise £1 million for the 401 Foundation and Youth Sport Trust, supporting their work to improve people’s mental health and wellbeing.
As one of two PR & Media Managers, you will support The USA 2020 Challenge during July to October 2020. You will be with the team in the USA for 6 weeks, managing, co-ordinating and delivering The USA 2020 Challenge media relations and PR strategy on day-to-day basis. Your responsibilities will include:
- promoting The USA 2020 Challenge whilst in the USA
- act as point of contact for all US / UK media enquiries / media interviews
- providing content / editorial support for Social Media Manager
- maintaining good working relationships with key internal / external stakeholders
- assisting in production of media materials ( press releases and the media cuttings book )
As PR & Media Manager you will have demonstrable knowledge of co-ordinating and managing PR campaigns / delivering excellent results. With an understanding of social networking and other new media platforms, and a proven ability to manage & operate within a multiple stakeholder environment you will also have:
- an extensive US media contacts book
- ability to engage with international / national / regional media
- first class communication skills / ability to act as a spokesperson.
- excellent writing skills
You must be prepared to travel to and operate within the USA for 6 weeks. You will need to apply for a USA Tourist Visa and must not have previously been refused entry to the USA. Due to vehicle insurance restrictions you need to be 25 or older.
If you wish to be considered for the role of PR & Media Manager, please forward your CV quoting reference 293442DC.
Applications are invited with experience in: PR Media Manager voluntary sport welfare management UK USA 401 Challenge communication social media platform communication PR campaign charity fundraising sector