Palo Alto SME
Location: Irvine, California
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
A network security engineer’s responsibilities are multifaceted as they’ll have to make the system as secure as possible. They are responsible for many different tasks related to the security of the system. Following are some of the network engineer job responsibilities:
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems within Palo Alto.
• Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
• Creating different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues.
• Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
• Testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware.
• Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
• Creating virus and threat detection systems.
• Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
• Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level of the firm.
• Developing tracking documents to note system vulnerabilities.
• Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
• Supervising the configuration and installation of new software and hardware.
• Implementing regulatory systems in accordance with IT security.
• Informing the company about the security incidents as soon as possible.
• Modifying the technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of the system security.
• Defining and maintaining security policies.
• Occasionally replacing the security system protocol and architecture.
• Maintaining switches and servers.
Network Security Engineer Job Requirements:
A network engineer career path should be multi-pronged. Network security engineers should possess strong multi-tasking skills and enthusiasm for details and should think one step ahead of cybercriminals. They should be well prepared to deal with high-stress situations and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Following are the main job requirements of a network security engineer:
- BS/BE degree in computer science, cyber security or related IT fields.
• Proven work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer specializing in Palo Alto.
• Experience in creating and maintaining security systems.
• Thorough understanding of Palo Alto – The design, implementation, and maintenance of Palo Alto (full scope from beginning to end).
• Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
• Network engineer certifications such as CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.