QA & Testing Advisor (BBBH148516) Bloomfield, Connecticut
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 25 years’ of experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a QA & Testing Advisor Specialist consultant for a contract opening with one of our Fortune 500 clients located in: Bloomfield, CT!
Provides expert content/professional leadership on complex Application Development assignments/projects. Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives. Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders. Focuses on providing thought leadership within Quality Assurance & Testing but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
Responsible for the management and oversight of Infrastructure project/program testing for Infrastructure upgrades, migrations, and infrastructure investment projects delivered using agile or waterfall methods. This oversight includes all phases of testing and partiation on the core project team. This role will be accountable for high quality test planning and execution oversight across multiple applications, business areas, and infrastructure as well as management of external vendor partner testing. The test manager will identify risks, create and follow through on risk mitigation activities using creativity while meeting overall standards and best practices. Individual will have senior leadership exposure for issue resolution, risk mitigation and testing status. Individual will partner with multiple application teams, business areas, projects/programs and production releases to identify collisions.
- Test phase management across impacted asset owning organizations for upgrades, migrations, and infrastructure investment projects, including performance and volume testing requirements.
- Accountable for Test Strategy Development
- Coordination of all testing related activities for assigned project(s).
- Develop and manage project/program test strategy within established timelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish and execute project testing objectives.
- Ensure that all test results are validated to ensure high quality project implementation.
- Identify project risks and mitigation activities for resolution meeting technical and business needs.
- Partiate in root cause resolution activities.
- Actively partiate in Program & Delivery Management process improvements
- Ability to create test strategies for large scale strategic projects and highly integrated infrastructure portfolios.
- Ability to drive execution of project testing direction while applying Enterprise Quality Management processes throughout the SDLC
- Ability to manage projects in a heavily matrixed environment including planning, driving results, status reporting and risk / issue management.
- Ensures test scripts are documented, reported and tracked in the appropriate tools.
- Ability to influence quality of project delivery through quality assurance and application of specialized testing techniques (usability, automation, performance, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, written and oral communications along with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to generate status reporting from Mercury Quality Center is preferable with any equivalent tool acceptable.
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable.
- Previous knowledge of QA process is preferred.
- Experience with SAFe Agile and other project management dislines and methodology.
- Experience with Rally and other project management tool sets.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans