Financial Controller - Mining Operations (9673) Perth, Australia
|Salary:||AUD145000 - AUD165000 per annum + super|
- Group Financial Controller – Perth CBD
- $140k-$165k + super + benefits
- Mining operator – must have mining operations experience
We are proud to work with one of WA’s leading, mining operators who have a couple of sites in regional WA. They are experiencing exponential growth and are now looking to add to their already existing organisation and team.
The Exciting Position:
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for the management of accounting and financial activities for this Group of Companies, which includes taxation, cash management and statutory compliance and reporting.
The Group Financial Controller is also responsible to support both operations across 2 separate sites working alongside Site Management regarding budgeting, forecasting, return on investments analysis, cost efficiencies and enhancing systems of internal control.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of Group Five Year Plan, annual budget, and forecasting, provide findings/recommendations to Management
- Manage and oversee the financial close and month end reporting including variance analysis
- Direct supervision of the entire finance function within Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial/Management Accounting, Tax, and Treasury
- Supervise and mentor 6 finance team members, ensuring they have the necessary resources and appropriate training to perform their roles effectively
- Supervise and review the completion of Group’s consolidated annual taxation return, FBT, and BAS, ensuring timely submission in accordance with Tax Corporate Governance
- Supervise and review quarterly financial consolidation reporting requirement by Overseas HQ
- Overview the transfer pricing documentation and compliance
- Supervise and review Annual Report Process and Lodgment
- Create and establish KPI’s and development plans for direct reports in consultation with HR.
- Approve bank payment files.
- Coordinate and review Group’s cash management, to maximize cash management and return.
- Ensuring compliance to all accounting internal guidelines and maintain an adequate system of the internal control system for the group
- Overviewing the implementation or changes to the Accounting Reporting system, ensuring compliance and control for accounting appropriateness is adhered to
- Support site management with matters pertaining to financial management and accounting system’s issues.
- Provide high level support to the CFO on all financial matters, both internally and externally.
- Must have operator mining experience with at least 10 years - No oil and gas industry experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Commerce, Accounting, or a closely related field. or higher degree in commerce (majoring in Accounting)
- Professional accountancy membership (CPA, CA or equivalent)
- Current WA Driver’s Licence
- Current National Police Clearance
- Must have tax experience (income tax, transfer pricing, and other indirect taxes like BAS and FBT)
- Strong Budgeting and Forecasting experience.
- Must have experience in mentoring a small Finance team – current team has 6 members
- Pronto / other ERP experience – Pronto experience is highly desirable
- Someone who can kick start/hit the ground running in this role with low supervision – to be independent as quickly as possible with the right support
- Be an all-round Financial Controller, instead of specialised in an area. Beside tax experience, someone who is well versed in financials, people management, cash management and hedging
What you can expect in return:
- $140k-$165k + super
- Dynamic mining operations environment
- Career progression and development
- Work with an empowered management team
This is an urgent requirement so please kindly send your updated resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria by clicking ‘apply now’ to Tanzela Azam – Senior Associate Director. Thank you for your consideration.
Please kindly note that only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.