Marketing Manager (30077) New York, New York
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength-delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately-is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is seeking a strategic marketing professional to join the Global Advertiser Marketing Group. The selected candidate will help develop marketing plans and programs that support and drive business growth across all of Bloomberg's media platforms including Bloomberg.com, Businessweek, TV, Radio, and Mobile. The primary goal of this position is to drive revenue, either directly or indirectly, by tapping into the Bloomberg brand and extending it through innovative customer programs, sales collateral/presentations/materials, and industry visibility initiatives.
In addition, the ideal candidate will bring an understanding of how to position brands and research to solidify Bloomberg's strengths across all media platforms, as well as knowledge of customer/advertiser needs and be able to create programs, messaging, and opportunities to elevate Bloomberg as a solution.
- Manage projects from development and goal/objective setting to creative and execution
- Translate marketing strategy into impactful programs - across a wide range of tactics including Advertising, Promotions, and Sponsorships (print, online, experiential) - to maintain and build the brand
- Coordinate with global teams to ensure alignment of programs
- Find innovative and breakthrough ways to make an impact and differentiate Bloomberg among customers
- Ensure all customer communications reflect the brand's positioning and support the achievement of revenue goals
- Identify and communicate key points (syndicated research, primary research, editorial content, audience data, third party sources, etc.) to support positioning
- Interact regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Development teams across Bloomberg's media platforms to determine needs, suggest creative opportunities, and provide updates on currentinitiatives
- Develop innovative ways to generate interest in Bloomberg among its core advertising customer base
- Build sales tools, presentations and materials (including general presentations, sell sheets, customer letters, case studies)
Manage Budget and P&L Development
- Manage budgets and project P&Ls
- Root out savings through active expense management
- Understanding of strategic marketing and brand positioning and a proven ability work collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Project management experience of the creative process from project scope and objective setting, brief and program development through production.
- Prior media experience preferred.
- Ability to create, execute and manage high volume of projects under tight deadlines
- Strong drive towards on-time and budget performance and metrics setting and review
- Problem-solving orientation
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.