Conventional Miller / Forklift driver (TAM1406) Birmingham, England
|Salary:||GBP10.5 - GBP10.5 per hour|
An exciting time to join a family run company where opportunities have arisen for Manual Miller working within the machine shop in Birmingham.
Skilled conventional miller required to work on a variety of production machinery. While the role is primarily to set and run turret and bed mills.
The production operative will work safely on a number of machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis.
- Manual Millers should have a formal apprentice qualification with ideally 3-5 years experience of working in a production environment, or 5-7 years of working on a manual milling machine (turret mills or bed mills) in a production environment.
- Must be confident in their abilities to calculate angles, radii to meet customer drawing features. Ability to design and where necessary make tooling to aid in the machining of specific features will be highly advantageous.
- Manual Millers self-inspect their work with operation First Off’s having a secondary inspection performed by a fellow operator before being signed off. As such, it is expected that skilled operators will be confident in the use of standard hand-held inspection equipment with knowledge of CMM and Shadow graph use considered an advantage.
- It will be the Manual Millers responsibility to be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Forklift Counterbalance Licence Required also. Moving part to and from workstation. Must be used to working in a confined space and be a competent driver.
Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront. Maintain and Meet production and quality criteria daily, whilst ensuring documentation is completed accurately.
Skills & Abilities
Good communication and numeracy skills and can be proactive and flexible.
Hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 3:00pm Friday 7:00 am - 2:00pm 39 hours Overtime available
Pay - £10.50 per hour
Call today on 01827 488012 if this is of interest asking for Chris
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful, however, please look at other roles we have to see if they are more suitable
We act as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
BE Recruitment is an equal opportunity recruiter and therefore we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified individuals, regardless of race, sex, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age