Strategic Workforce Planning Specialist (5757868) Birmingham, England
|Salary:||GBP300 - GBP350 per day|
Strategic Workforce Planning Specialist
£350 Per Day
Our client has a complex combination of short, medium- and long-term resource requirements. For the short term we need to ensure the right numbers and types of resources in place. In the medium term we need to ensure that the organisation and supply chain can pivot and adapt to the shifting nature of the programme, through to the long-term commitment to ensure a skills legacy for the country. The purpose of the job is to develop and implement the strategic workforce plan, working within the business planning process, to move beyond tactical resourcing requirements to provide strategic skills planning. This will enable delivery across the requirements of short, medium- and long-term resourcing. To effectively do this the role holder will have to collaborate across HR, finance and programme stakeholders (internal and external) to identify development of resourcing and talent strategies to acquire, develop and transition the skills and capabilities required as the programme evolves.
- Analysis skills – including the ability to derive insight from multiple data sources, use of data to present and support arguments, statistical analysis, predictive analysis for modelling, and problem-solving complex resourcing challenges.
- IT skills including MS Office .
- Ability to use of MS Excel, including use of formulas and features such as VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, dashboards and Macros
- Communication skills – including providing briefs, reports and presentations delivering complex information in an easy to understand manner and generate “buy-in” from key stakeholders
- Report & insight development skills - undertaking trend analysis and comparison reports in a changeable business environment
- Knowledge of workforce trends including (for example) global mobility, government influence, micro and macro employment trends, skills developments.
- Understanding of resourcing commercial requirements particularly utilisation, headcount, and other key business performance indicators
- Understanding of business planning processes
Type Of Experience
- HRIS Systems experience (Taleo, Peoplesoft), Oracle Enterprise BI suite
- Experience developing workforce planning and modelling.
- Experience leveraging technology to drive efficient and effective resourcing solutions
- Develop and implement a workforce planning approach that is integrated with the business planning process.
- Develop a workforce development reporting process that enables clear communication of organisational employment dynamics.
- Identify resourcing requirements for the short term (less than 1 year), medium term (1-3 years), and long term (3 years plus) through a detailed understating of the business plan and deliverables. Allocate costs where appropriate for business budget planning purposes.
- Create forecasting and capacity models to plan for future demand, growth and channel shifts.
- Collaborate across key HR stakeholders and teams to ensure that plans are integrated and maximise priorities and activities across the function.
- Liaise closely with Heads of HR to forecast recruitment activity and skills development. Identify critical skills, business capability gaps and obsolete roles.
- Scan the external environment and seek out sources of data and intelligence to allow provision of expert strategic advice around building a workforce for the future.
- Work with Finance and the Data, MI and Systems team on analysis of workforce data. Track the ratios of permanent versus other resource types and review workforce costs whilst focusing on the numbers and skill needed to deliver the programme effectively.
- Prepare headcount planning reports to aid business decisions around workforce requirements. Provide Talent Management analytics such as succession metrics, workforce planning data, attrition analysis, labour market data or other reporting as required.
- Provide recruitment forecasting intelligence for the Resourcing Specialists.
- Liaise with neutral vendor on skills and capabilities that may be required on a temporary basis and potential for these to be resourced when required.
- Communicate strategic resourcing priorities to senior stakeholder in an engaging way, through formal presentations, standard management reporting and periodic reporting.