Electrical Project Manager (75757464) Reading, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum|
Electrical Project Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Responsible for providing quotations to customers or potential customers for Mechanical, Electrical and Fabrication products or services. Working directly with customers to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and delivered in safe and professional manner.
- Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Quoting within the agreed customer and contract timeframe.
- Creating quote activity in line with the company targets.
- Working with the buyer to get best price for materials and equipment.
- Responsible for turning quoted work into live work.
- Managing the site teams to make sure works are delivered on time and on budget.
- Provide weekly / monthly forecast for achievable sales.
- Producing and sending Risk and Method Statements to customers within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that the site teams carry out all works in a safe and professional manner.
Relevant Contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
Internal: Site Services Manager; Senior Project Manager; Site Engineers; Technical Engineers, SHEQ; Branch Managers; Supply Management; HR; Finance
External: Customers; other personnel on customer site; general public
Person Specification – Qualifications:
- NVQ in Mechanical and / or City & Guilds Electrical Engineering
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- City & Guilds Confined space trained
- Emergency First Aid Training
- EUSR Blue Water Hygiene Card
- CSCS/JIB/PMES/ECS Card
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong focus on results and customer service.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to manage competing and demanding workload.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Proficient in MS Office Products. (Excel, Word & Outlook)
Person Specification – Experience:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering.
- Proven track record of site installation.
- Technical understanding of engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge of site procedures and health and safety requirements.
- Project Management experience. (preferred)
- Full UK Driving license.