Regional Sales Manager (4646355) Reading, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum|
Regional Sales Manager
£40,000 - £50,000
- Work to the companies Sales Growth Strategy
- Deliver to the clients Regional budget numbers and key performance indicators
- Manage the consolidated business plan for growth.
- Manage the Aftermarket Sales Team and guide them on expectation & deliverables.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline for consolidated team
- Create Budgets, forecasts and financial plans for business
- Work with acquisitions to enhance the companies offering into the target market
- Consolidated reporting
- Report monthly to the Group on behalf of the Sales team, the Consolidated Input performance versus plan.
- Report monthly to the Group on behalf of the Sales team, the opportunity pipeline from Salesforce, showing new opportunities added, opportunities moving through the various stages of negotiation to completion and implementation.
- Produce a monthly report from the team that shares relevant information on new target opportunities, Market & Competitor information.
- Produce a high level 30/60/90 day report showing various tasks associated with achieving objectives.
- Understand, challenge and prepare commentary for monthly finance report
- Produce short term forecasts for Group from the pipeline, order book and the order intake
- Lead and work with sales team in the production of their annual Budget and any reforecast
- Work with the sales, tendering and finance teams and any other parts of the business to produce the required information
- Strategic development
- Prepare an annual business plan utilising the Group reporting tools which clearly identifies the strategic development in each identified sales region.
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing Director to implement Group initiatives into the business growth plan.
- Set specific objectives within the sales team and drive accountability from each sales manager.
- Implement and manage a strategic value sales process which enhances our margin opportunity and in turn aligns with the companies growth plan.
- Work with Marketing to create Tier 1 specific marketing campaigns, aimed at raising the brand awareness of the business
- Create strategic development plans with each regional sales manager to plot a 5 year area development focused on target market penetration.
Relevant contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
- Sales Director (I)
- Other Group directors (I)
- Acquisition Key Accounts Manager (I)
- Tendering department (I)
- Marketing team (I)
- Operations team (I)
- Contracts team (I)
- Finance team (I)
Objectives & Measurements;
- Deliver the consolidated Annual Sales Plan. Yearly
- Deliver the Drop-In Annual Sales Plan. Yearly
- Deliver the Aftermarket Sales Plan (by category). Yearly
- Reporting material reviewed and updated. Monthly
- New budgets / forecasts competed within 1 month
- Develop the Annual Growth plan in line with new forecast. Yearly
- Manage the regional growth plans. Quarterly.
Person Specification – Qualifications:
- Business or Engineering Degree/HND or equivalent experience.
- Good standard of secondary education
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge:
- Adaptable individual, flexible & self-motivated
- A high level of Market & Commercial Awareness
- Understanding of Value Selling Principles & Disciplines
- Ability to motivate and influence others individually or entire sales team.
- Able to determine sales position in relation to Group perspective (see big picture)
- Able to contribute to, challenge and communicate with Senior Leadership Team
- Good verbal and written skillset
- Highly organised with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Can work to, and can influence others, to work to tight deadlines
Person Specification – Experience
- Experience of managing a sales team
- Experience working with strategic sales process and pipeline management
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite
- Experience working in a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge of Electro Mechanical applications.
Person Specification – General Requirements
- Regular travel requirements to operate the functions of this role
- Effective management of workload focusing on priorities and deliverables