Area Sales Engineer (BBBH149909) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum + Car, Laptop, Phone|
Represent the company within the set geographic area (South UK) providing a
professional yet approachable technical service.
Focus on developing new business through direct sales techniques, supported by
Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers, maximising profitable
sales and increasing the area turnover.
Working from home base, weekly visit to factory or as required to support
the sales demand.
- Technically competent engineer who can read drawings
- Appropriate knowledge of investment castings and other metal processes
- Numerate and analytical
- Competent using Microsoft Office, CRM database and internet
- Strong administrative and co-ordination skills who pays attention to detail
- Work as an effective member of the team
- Attend and contribute appropriately to formal and informal team meetings
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, suppliers and customers in a
- Participate in the continual improvement of company services / products
- Implement all relevant company policies
- Work with awareness of H&S, Fire & Equal Opportunity regulations.
- Lead and advise on areas of own technical expertise
- Demonstrate and act upon commercial awareness
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Increase the sales turnover through direct sales methods, working with identified target
markets and customer profiles.
- Build strong and effective long term relationships with new and existing customer base.
- Manage, maintain and grow established customer base.
- Consistently plan for and work the territory in an efficient, effective and methodical manner to
ensure all prospects and customers receive an appropriate level of proactive attention.
- Effectively promote the company, its products and services at all times
- Work effectively with current ERP system to ensure seamless experience for customers
- Work effectively with current ERP system to manage customer enquiries, analyse and plan to
- Identify new quality prospects
- Refine company offering in order to maintain competitive edge in customer service
- Update relevant systems, prepare and issue relevant paperwork and provide reports as
appropriate accurately and in a timely manner