Location: Lake Forest, California
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Project lead new product introductions (NPI) and facilitate product innovations and changes from conception to launch. Provide leadership working with cross-functional team members with emphasis on meeting key metrics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (100%) Project Leader – New Product Introductions
- Oversee and lead projects with global cross functional team, working towards the common goal of introducing new or changing products with focus on meeting key metrics including but not limited to cost, quality and timing.
- Support adherence to global new product roadmap, project milestone process and metrics.
- Report out at monthly to Senior Management at Product Development Reviews.
- Coordinate the activities of documentation, material planners, supply chain logistics and manufacturing operations with respect to assigned projects.
- Manages/reports out on projects in all areas including funding, product costs, product quality, productivity, safety, ergonomic, environmental, space and timing limitations.
- Utilize Microsoft Project or equivalent software to manage all phases of projects.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field (Engineering or Operations).
- 5 or more years of combined experience in relevant fields: manufacturing, operations, engineering.
- 5+ years with experience in (NPI) New Product Introduction
- Effective communication and presentation skills (to all levels of the organization)
- A general understand of zinc die casting, injection molding, screw machining, CNC machining, stamping, forging, automated assembly, metal finishing are all pluses.
- Effective computer skills familiar with Microsoft Windows applications, especially Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a global team-based environment.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Proactive problem-solving identification; solving problems with the ability to assess risk/benefit and to act decisively on findings.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Travel required (domestic & international) roughly 10%.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.