Software V&V Engineer (BBBH14628) Stevenage, England
|GBP67.45 - GBP90 per hour
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Software V&V Engineer on an initial 12-month contract. As the Software V&V Engineer you will be responsible for verifying and validating real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing Test Cases for safety-critical Actuator subsystem software.
Role: Software V&V Engineer
Pay: Up to £90 per hour Umbrella, up to £67.45 per hour PAYE
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week, WFH available – task dependent.
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC required, can start on BPSS
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce required documentation to achieve the required safety level
- Authoring Test Specifications, Test Planning documentation and other test documents
- Reviewing test results
- Requirements Analysis Experience
- Knowledge of Source Configuration Control Processes (e.g. PVCS, RTC, GIT)
- Working with minimal supervision
- Experience of working with a formal requirements capture tool.
- Previous experience of validation, and verification of embedded software written in C
Skillset / experience required:
- Significant previous experience of independent validation, and verification of embedded software written in C and developed at a high safety integrity level (SIL4 / DO178C Level A or equivalent)
- Test Specification creation and compliance recording in DOORS.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ for testing special builds and focussed code reviews.
- Unit Testing using LDRA or CPP Unit or an equivalent testing tool.
- Understanding of Code Coverage and techniques/strategies used to cover/justify shortfall.
- Working in a lab environment with live equipment (PSUs, Scopes, Logic Analysers etc.) conducting system tests
- D0178 Level A testing knowledge
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Testing on Development Cards with a test environment or bare-metal with special builds
- LDRA Test Bed
- LDRA TB Run
- LDRA TB Extreme
- LDRA TB Object Box
- FRAMA-C for static semantic analysis
- Knowledge and use of RTC
- Object Code Verification Experience
- Creation and use of Virtual Machines (VMWare)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”