Panel Process Technician (BBBH14716) Stevenage, England
|GBP12.39 - GBP16.38 per hour
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Panel Process Technician to join them on an initial 12-month contract. As the Panel Process Technician, you will produce a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery targets.
Role: Panel Process Technician
Pay: £16.38 per hour Umbrella, £12.39 per hour PAYE (+20% shift uplift)
Contract: 12 months, Weekly rotating double day shifts – 06.00 to 14.00 & 14.00 to 22.00
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- Highlight any anomalies and second close non-conformances where applicable, and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
- Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material. Working to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
- Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required. Reporting and highlighting errors to ME where applicable.
- Shall be required to replenish Kanban consumables and monitor calibration of tools (tooling management) informing team leaders when discrepancies are found.
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Cover for higher technical support when required or requested to do so.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals skill set and business workload requirements.
- From time to time, you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
Skills / experience required:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a role in toolmaking, sheet metal working or similar technician role in general manufacturing.
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions – within specific procedures
- Experience working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates
- Experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport etc.
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (working at height)
- Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team and leading activities.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”