Design Quality Engineer (BBBH13795) Filton, England
|Salary:||GBP25 - GBP31.09 per hour|
My client is looking for a Design Quality Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Design Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for and will be a member of the transnational Quality team Q1AC, supporting the Non-Specific Design Airframe centre, the wider Airframe and Engineering functions, through leading/supporting quality initiatives in a collaborative manner partnering with our Engineering colleagues for the benefit of the whole of Airbus. There will be a specific focus on the deployment, supporting the application and the continuous improvement of the Develop Physical Aircraft processes, working with Engineering to eradicate the root causes of any non-conformance or deviations, and process operators to identify potential improvements.
Role: Design Quality Engineer
Pay: £31.09 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton, Bristol
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (across 4.5 days working between 7-7 at business discretion and 3 days onsite and 2 days WFH)
Security Clearance: Basic
• Establishing, facilitation reporting upon Process adherences
• Facilitate and support root cause analysis & practical problem-solving activities
• Establish and drive corrective and preventive action plans in order to support the improvement of engineering performance and its associated deliverables
• Identify risks/issues relating to the quality of the engineering deliverable and facilitate, support and drive standardised mitigation plans in order to prevent/mitigate risk linked to the product and its related processes
• Support the deployment of Quality standards and apply them within the Engineering organisation • Capture lessons learned in order to improve organisation efficiency and product maturity
• Be a STEM graduate or have experience within a quality/engineering role
• Have exposure or understanding of failure modes effects analysis
• Have exposure or understanding of root cause analysis techniques (e.g. 9S, 8D etc.)
• Be able to demonstrate appropriate people skills and associated behaviours when interacting with all levels of the management structure
• The ability to learn quickly, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the workload
• Exceptional communication and English skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent IT skills as appropriate to the role (Google Workspace/Microsoft Office) Desirable
• Project Management knowledge
• Experience in a Design or Manufacturing Engineering environment would be beneficial although not essential
• Ability to communicate in German both verbally and in written form are highly beneficial although not essential
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Flexible on industry and experience
Happy to take on STEM graduates – aptitude is key, need t be committed to learn, be motivated and innovative
Minimal exposure to project management would be a bonus.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”