Design Approver / Authoriser (BBBH15172) Filton, England
|GBP43 - GBP46 per hour
My client is looking for Design Approver / Authoriser to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Design Approver / Authoriser, you will be responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks, including Modifications to the Type Design, Design / Works Query Notes ‘Flow Modifications’ and none specific tasks ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness and safety requirements are met, where appropriate liaising with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
Role: Design Approver / Authoriser
Pay: £46.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton (3 days onsite 2 days WFH)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week (across 4.5 days (working between 7-7 at business discretion)
Security Clearance: BPSS
We are a highly motivated team of Engineers focused on constantly challenging the current design and conventional thinking in order to maximise profitability whilst ensuring the quality is not degraded.
Do you like connecting with people and different organisations? Are you interested in developing wing structures? We are a team of Structural Engineers who are a mixture of technical experts and program managers who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support the structures department. We are an ideal mix of people who can help you develop technically and personally in the role.
- The job holder will operate as a lead design engineer with an industry recognised design approval and / or authorisation signatory and act as a strong focal point in leading and providing guidance on technical issues and governance. There is a clear requirement to lead the structural design process to help ensure an optimised design.
- Strong support is required to drive on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements, where applicable ensuring a robust lessons learnt and feedback process is maintained. Reporting will be required on critical technical issues through functional management and lead technical mentoring for engineering team members.
- Lead, guide approve and / or authorise design solutions for a range of tasks, including (but not restricted to) Major/Minor Design Modifications, Design Query Notes (work’s query notes). Provide technical leadership and continued mentoring to the engineering team, assisting the development of team members, assisting in the identification of skill gaps and driving plans to close the gaps.
- Ensuring that design standards and requirements are met, liaising with other functions and projects to ensure the design solutions are fully integrated.
- Operate as a design authorisation signatory.
- Support in area of knowledge the on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements.
- Support and build strong relationships between wider stakeholders including (but not limited to) CVE, Chief Engineer, Configuration Management and Local Programmes Team to enable a satisfactory design solution, and implementation on the aircraft that supports airworthiness type cert and configuration management.
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
- Understand, nurture and demonstrate resilience.
- Signatory capability.
- Need approval level at wing.
- Metallic a must, composite
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Industry recognised design signatory delegation (Design Approval, Design Authorisation)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”