Information Systems Solution Analyst (Engineering) (BBBH13454) Bristol, England
|Salary:||GBP50 - GBP53 per hour|
My client is looking for an Information Systems Solution Analyst (Engineering) to join on them on a 12-month contract. As an Information Systems Solution Analyst (Engineering), you will be responsible for supporting and deploying business applications, with IS (Information systems)Engineering supporting a key pillar of our business. The IS Engineering Solutions team work as part of IS to support company programmes and transformation activities.
Information Management (IM), defines implements and adapts Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and Information Systems (IS) strategy to the needs of the business and users.
Role: Information Systems Solution Analyst (Engineering)
Pay: £53.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage / Bristol / Bolton (Hybrid is an option at potentially 80% WFH)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
The dedicated development team will be delivering a new project, an End to End Lab environment utilising Cloud technologies. The aim is to have a dynamically sized, easily duplicated environment with a copy of our production engineering toolset with representative data. This will meet key business needs: repeatable demonstrations; training environments; and trials of new processes and tools. The Information Systems Solution Analyst will contribute to the gathering and validation of business requirements by engaging with stakeholders across the company , and will ensure that they are answered by the technical solution.
- Assist with the development and validation of requirements
- Build an understanding of the interaction between tools and business processes
- Kick-off the scoping phase of solutions
- Monitor solutions against the needs of internal stakeholders
- Understand the impact of proposed changes for business teams and processes
- Ensure the solutions as deployed meet the organisational needs
- Assist in the creation of a feasible project
- Provide subject matter expertise for risks, issues and opportunities
The role is primarily aligned with the needs of the company Programmes as assigned and will have accountabilities and responsibilities in support those programme needs.
- Essential – Developing requirements and scoping systems and services
- Advantageous – Mapping Business or Engineering processes to applications
- Advantageous – The lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology, with a view on new and emerging digital opportunities which would be transformative
- Advantageous – Experience in the integration of disparate and distributed solutions in a defence environment
- Advantageous – Systems Engineering processes/lifecycle and of the lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology
- Proven ability to talk to stakeholders, develop requirements, analyse or create processes, research solutions, assess compliance and make recommendations.
- Experience in Systems and Software engineering practices and standards. Able to review, redefine and reengineer processes.
- Aware of SQL, DB2, ORACLE, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Windows Servers, Unix and equivalents.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Advantageous - Defence & Aerospace Experience
- Understanding of Mapping business requirements to technical solutions within regulated fields
- Experience with Cloud deployments
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”