Project Engineer (BBBH14787) Yeovil, England
|GBP25 - GBP30 per hour
My client is looking for a Project Engineer to join on them on a 3 month contract. As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Aerospace. You will be working on complex aerospace engineering projects across a variety of remits including Environmental Control Systems (ECS), Hydraulics, and Life Support Systems (LSS).
Role: Project Engineer
Pay: £25-30 per hour PAYE
Contract: 3 months
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion 3 days onsite and 2 days WFH)
Security Clearance: Drug Screening and DBS Check Required
This Aerospace company is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
• Create project plans, schedules, and determine milestones to customer expectations using earned value metrics
• Monitor and maintain project plans, ensure focus is maintained to milestone adherence to ensure products are delivered on time
• Create and monitor the progress of work packages for internal suppliers to support technical and schedule adherence.
• Build internal and external customer relationships throughout projects to ensure completion
• Ensuring that projects run within cost, quality, and time metrics
• Management of requirements, including requirements validation and the appropriate allocation of requirements
• Co-ordinate and Lead Design Reviews in accordance with HAY procedures
• Manage project risks and mitigation plans.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Previous experience of working within a project engineering environment, and an understanding of the engineering lifecycle of a product from conception to commissioning
• Previous experience of using Microsoft Project, or a similar project forecasting system
• A strong understanding and experience of working with suppliers and integrated supply chains and how and where they fit in the project lifecycle
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
HND/HNC/Degree in mechanical engineering/aerospace
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”