Mechanical Project Engineer (BBBH14690) Redditch, England
|GBP18.5 - GBP26 per hour
My client is looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join on them on a 5 month contract. As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will be responsible for managing your project from start to finish. This will involve supporting with estimates for the customer, providing quotations and proposals, to taking on the actual development of that product from concept through to release.
Role: Mechanical Project Engineer
Pay: £18.50 - £26.00 per hour PAYE (rate depending on experience)
Location: Redditch, near Birmingham, West Midlands
Contract: Until 31/12/0203
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion 3 days onsite Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8am – 5pm and 2 days WFH Friday 8am – 12 noon)
Security Clearance: UK Security clearance
The Redditch site specializes in the design, development, and manufacture of components for small-scale cooling infra-red devices used in guided weapons and thermal imaging systems, high pressure actuation systems, and satellite cryogenic systems. A lot of the programmes are for space/military markets and you will be responsible for managing your project from start to finish. This will involve supporting with estimates for the customer, providing quotations and proposals, to taking on the actual development of that product from concept through to release.
Lead engineering of mechanical products from concept through completion of qualification.
• Develop/support development, from concept to production, of product/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer's performance, qualification & safety specifications, whilst also adhering to milestone and cost requirements.
• Organizing and coordinating tasks associated with the successful completion of activities in support of engineering programs such as New Product Introduction (NPI), productionization and engineering production support.
• Coordinate/support transition from engineering to production, of new products within specified cost, schedule, and process requirements, ensuring the manufacturability of new products.
• Support technical proposals for new business enquiries, as directed, and support the sales function as required.
• Implement defined engineering process improvement measures and activities that will improve quality and cost-effective production, enhancing customer satisfaction.
• Provide necessary engineering technical support to other program teams within engineering and production.
• Provide monthly progress reports of activities relating to projects.
• Where necessary support product manufacturing with deviation/waivers and route cause corrective action.
• Potential temp - perm opportunity for the right candidate
• UK security clearance is required on all successful candidates.
• Drug screening is required on all successful candidates.
• Experience of working in an engineering function as opposed to production is advantageous.
• Understanding of new product development, product lifecycle and introduction to production through a gated process is advantageous.
• Desired industry experience can be defence, aerospace, automotive, or oil / gas (other industries are encouraged to apply if supported by demonstrable ability).
• Project engineering experience useful with understanding of typical project engineering tools and processes.
• Strong communication/organizational skills working with multifunctional teams.
• Strong engineering and analytical skills advantageous.
• Understanding/background of thermodynamics, heat transfer and/or fluid mechanics would be an advantage.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes would be an advantage.
• Looking for a driven individual with a willingness to learn new technologies and develop their skills.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Minimum Mechanical Based Engineering Degree (HND/HNC acceptable if supported by relevant work experience), with some experience in relevant industry.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”