Real Time HTL Engineer (BBBH12843) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP65 - GBP70 per hour|
My client is looking for a Real Time HTL (Hardware in the Loop) Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Real Time HTL Engineer, you will be responsible for problem solving and software engineering skills towards the design and development of complex solutions for the spacecraft industry. We have a number of new and interesting projects on the horizon, including the Mars Sample Fetch Rover (NASA-ESA collaboration for bringing samples from the Martian surface back to Earth) along with other Earth Observation and Science (EOS) missions.
Role: Real Time (Hardware in the Loop) Engineer
Pay: £70.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage - onsite
Contract: 12 Months – 37 hours per week Monday - Friday
The Simulation & Modelling division comprises departments in the UK, France and Germany and produces the Functional Verification Infrastructure (FV-I) used for satellite functional verification. The verification facilities are both numerical (software) simulators and hybrid (part software, part hardware) test benches.
Although you will be tackling applications that are out of this world, you will be working with tried, tested and reliable tools and technologies. The end application you are creating needs to be of high quality and reliability.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the design, development and integration of the hardware-in-the-loop simulator as well as support technical exchanges with other space engineering disciplines.
You will work closely with the system engineering teams to ensure the successful development and delivery of the test benches used to validate our spacecraft and rovers.
The main technical activities include –
technical requirements analysis
software design and implementation
technical follow up with external teams
testing and delivery of the benches
The underlying software implementation is C++, with Java used as the test language. The simulator is developed and run in a Linux environment.
- Excellent practical knowledge of C++ & Java
- Real-time software design & debugging in a Linux environment
- Hardware-in-the-loop design and implementation
- Strong understanding of multi-process and/or multi-threading software design and implementation (preferably in the context of hardware interfacing)
- Knowledge on testing methodologies and unit testing frameworks
- Object Oriented analysis & design using UML (or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine communication protocols
- Well-versed in the software development life cycle
- Best practice design patterns and effective coding practices
- A good knowledge of development domains, frameworks and utilities
- Practical knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Spacecraft avionics systems
- ECSS software standards
- SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN data protocols
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”