Industrial Project Manager (BBBH13225) Filton, England
|Salary:||GBP33 - GBP35 per hour|
My client is looking for an Industrial Project Manager to join on them on a 5-month contract. As an Industrial Project Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to ensure that all changes in the Supply chain are integrated and robustly managed, in order to secure the continuity in the flow of parts required by the plants or the Final Assembly Lines (FALs) to assemble the wings for the Single Aisle (SA) Programme.
You will be representing the Programme in the Procurement commodities with the mission to support the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) in defining the commodity strategy, to enable the relevant projects according to the Programme priorities, and to contribute to the management of the supplier performance.
You will report to the Head of Work Packages and Transfer of Work Management.
The position is based in the UK, in Filton.
This role will involve business travels in UK but also in Europe, so you must be able to travel accordingly.
Role: Industrial Project Manager
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton, Bristol (mainly onsite)
Contract: 5 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (possible extension)
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the definition of the Procurement Commodity strategy, securing the consideration of the SA Programme and VSM requirements, and the development of a corresponding roadmap.
- Prioritising and enabling the projects submitted in the Procurement Plan as part of the AOP, in-line with Programme/VSM priorities.
- Being regularly in direct contact with the Suppliers to communicate the Programme/VSM Strategy - supporting the Procurement teams enforcing its implementation – and feed-back on performance.
- Supporting the MFT in charge of the call for tenders, by getting the appropriate Key Business terms validated, contributing to the assessment of the bidders’ answers as well as the definition of a MFT recommendation and buy-off by the relevant Programme/VSM stakeholders.
- Monitoring the supply chain projects (ramp-up and transfers of work) to secure a robust implementation through the relevant methodology (APQP, LBIP), identifying and mitigating the risks in order to avoid any disruption in Broughton
- Supporting the MFTs identifying and mitigating all or part of the risk related to suppliers’ claims as well as the management of those claims through Programme/Finance.
- Monitoring the SA Wing supply chain performance and supporting the resolution of supply chain industrial issues impacting Broughton plant or the FALs (concessions, QSRs…);
- Driving the identification and collation of all Airbus impacts related to Suppliers’ non-performance in order to support Airbus’ claims;
- Ensuring the evaluation of the change requests for minor product modifications related to wing components and a decision making for preparing the industrialisation (CDR, Maturity board);
- Monitoring of the major product modifications led by the A320 Programme Development Team, securing robust cut-over plans are in place before hand-over to serial operations.
- Engineering degree in Aeronautic, Mechanical (or equivalent)
- Experience in industrial and quality management systems.
- Experience in project management with strong organisational skills (experience in product change management or transfer of work would be a plus)
- Communication skills, ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders from different background and appropriately challenge/speak-up (negotiation level in English)
- Financial awareness.
- Ability to analyse complex problems, evaluate alternative solutions and set recommendations
- Ability to lead a multifunctional team to address an operational issue within limited timescales
- Candidate needs to have project management experience
- Needs to have good procurement knowledge and operational supply chain knowledge
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Airbus experience is strongly preferred or experience within Airbus Supply Chain
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. “Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”