Digital Test Design Engineer (BBBH13661) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP65 - GBP70 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Digital Test Design Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Digital Test Design Engineer, your main duty will be towards the generation of software and validation of ground-based test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech space product business-line.
Role: Digital Test Design Engineer
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Valid SC
You will be expected to work within engineering teams to capture design information to allow successful software development, test and validate the test system within which it will be deployed and provide support for testing at all stages of assembly of the product(s).
Main elements of the role are –
- Software design and debug
- Hardware/software integration and debug
- Test validation and design proving
- Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
- Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
- Travel to other sites when required
Skills and Experience
- Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
- Strong experience in using test instrumentation interfaces (SCPI, visa/pyvisa, GPIB)
- Very familiar with Agile project methods
- Proven track-record working within a product “design and test” business environment
- Experienced in software/hardware integration and debug
- Experience of working within a product manufacture/test domain
- RF test and measurement experience
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
Education and Training
- Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline), 2.1 or above.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”