Industrial Metallics Engineer (BBBH13441) Broughton, Wales
|Salary:||GBP33 - GBP35.03 per hour|
My client is looking for an Industrial Metallics Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As an Industrial Metallics Engineer, you will be responsible for Technical production support across Surface Preparation, Treatment, Sealant and Paint ranging from general process queries to more complex abnormalities.
Role: Industrial Metallics Engineer
Pay: £35.03 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton (Hybrid 3 days onsite 2 wfh)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (working 4.5 days between the hours of 7am – 7pm, hours agreed at business discretion)
Security Clearance: Basic
An exciting opportunity exists to join Manufacturing Engineering team. This role will sit within the Surface Preparation, Treatment, Sealant and Paint department.
- Technical production support across Surface Preparation, Treatment, Sealant and Paint ranging from general process queries to more complex abnormalities.
- The integration and collaboration to the APT (Airbus Process Technologies) Support Network with a significant recognition as the Reference or Focal Point Custodian of specific documentation.
- Best Practice sharing and Dissemination of existing and future technologies with links to Central Teams in support of next generation aircraft design and manufacture.
- The deployment of REACh (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) removing hazardous substances from our product range by replacing them with REACh compliant, qualified and approved alternatives.
- The progression towards Environmental Sustainability Targets aligned with the Airbus 2025 and 2030 vision for Energy, Waste, Water, C02 and VOC reduction.
- Providing technical knowledge, problem solving expertise and data analysis to understand, share and feedback to the production environment in a timely manner.
- Documentation health checks and revision, collaboration with APT and external networks, including Suppliers, to ensure a fully aligned transnational view.
- Being a Project Leader and responsible for the full end-to-end deployment, including an active hands-on role in the pre-testing, qualification and roll-out stages for REACh related and future topics.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement ideas and new processes for existing methods and ways of working to drive reduction in Safety, CoNQ, Cost and Environmental Sustainability.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Engineering.
- Experience in the field of Surface Preparation, Treatment, Sealant and Paint.
- Knowledge of the Treatment, Sealant and Paint processes used in BRO.
- Experience in Project Management (LBIP).
- Problem Solving (including PPS).
- Good Communication and Stakeholder Management, ability to engage with other functions.
- Strong self-discipline, welcome to giving and receiving feedback, challenge mind-set, ability to speak up with a Safety first approach
- Would suit a candidate who has experience within sealing, paint, and surface preparation. Airbus requires someone who understands the processes and the background, rather than someone who is actually spraying, painting etc.
- Ideally someone with a background in engineering/ manufacturing
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders and manage projects within the team
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”