2763255 - Project Manager (BBBH12823) Filton, England
|Salary:||GBP33 - GBP35.72 per hour|
My client is looking for a Project Manager join on them on a contract running to the end of 2022. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible to ensure that the Landing Gear product remains competitive over the mid to long term business horizon, more specifically targeting readiness for future aircraft programmes. Therefore, we are a dynamic and highly energetic team who thrive on the challenge of taking a key role in shaping the future.
Role: Project Manager
Pay: £35.72 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton, Bristol (Hybrid working)
Contract: To the end of 2022 – 35 hours per week Monday - Friday
Security Clearance: Basic.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Business Strategy and Innovation team within the wider Prepare the Future team in the Landing Gear Engineering Department.
The role will be varied on a day-to-day basis and will require a flexible, open minded and proactive approach. We are constantly exploring the unknown and you will need to feel comfortable in this environment as well as being confident that you can turn opportunities into value adding solutions. The successful candidate will therefore be required to work with teams throughout the different Airbus functions as well as external organisations / partners where necessary.
- Work as part of the wider strategy team to support the creation of the Landing Gear strategy roadmap and maintain/refresh at increasing resolution over time to optimise strategy in the near (3yr), mid (5yr) and long (10yr) term
- Identify, incubate and secure opportunities for value creation within the scope of the Product and business environment
- Define and deliver market intelligence gathering activities to inform strategic choices and drive development of the Landing Gear business whilst ensuring alignment with the wider Engineering and Airbus strategies
- Develop project proposals/pitches supported by robust business cases to secure the launch and sponsorship of strategic projects, for example, Value Chain Positioning proposals
- Deliver timely communication and cascade of the strategic vision of the Landing Gear Business and display exceptional stakeholder management skills to ensure cross functional support of the vision and resultant projects
- Actively participate in delivering strategic projects
- Able to look at what Airbus do; the suppliers do and follow the end-to-end process
- Self-motivated, self-starter and autonomous
- Ability to understand technical aspects
- Make a case to the business and able to sell the case and its value to the business and stakeholders
- Looking at how the company can reshape the future and look at innovation projects.
- Understanding of business development is an advantage.
Education & Training
A technical engineering background would be beneficial but is not essential
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”