Landing Gear Systems Engineer (BBBH13242) Filton, England
|Salary:||GBP55 - GBP60 per hour|
My client is looking for a Landing Gear Systems Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Landing Gear Systems Engineer, you will have experience across a range of disciplines, control systems hardware and software. The role is focussed on A350 Braking and Steering Control System, with a specific focus on requirements and V&V. With product Safety always in mind, these activities will include support to new equipment / systems design, upgrades to existing systems, addition of new functions and resolving existing issues to systems and equipment.
Role: Landing Gear Systems Engineer
Pay: £55.00 - £60.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 6 Months – 35 hours per week Monday - Friday
- Day-to-day you will be interfacing with other Engineers, other parts of our business such as Customer Support and Procurement and our vendors.
- We are an inclusive team inside a larger department who believe that working across aircraft programmes, skill groups and countries makes us stronger!
- We welcome applications from someone looking for a new challenge and wants opportunities to progress in the future.
- Don’t worry if you do not have specific landing gear experience. We are looking for talented systems engineers who are passionate about what they do and can apply their knowledge and experience to develop safe, reliable but innovative solutions.
- In short, as member of the team you will: Contribute to the positive working environment. Act as a strong team player.
- Contribute to the delivery of shared team goals.
- Participate in cross sharing of lessons learned. Contribute to the technical development of the team.
- Your key activities in the role will include: Involvement in and leading changes to systems functionality, software and hardware changes including hydraulic equipment design, with a specific focus on requirements and V&V.
- Ensuring that the delivery of each activity meets safety and technical needs with robust adherence to system processes and leading the development of the system to meet the product needs. Interfacing with the Systems Certification Specialist and technical signatories to ensure compliance to certification requirements and methodology.
- Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each activity; managing and mitigating risks / opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
- Managing the offloading of activities to sub-contract suppliers. Proactively problem-solving issues and ensuring the maturity of the product is maintained.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity. This is the foundation for our Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Education & Training
- Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
- You will hold a degree level qualification in Engineering or a related discipline
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills with fluency in both verbal and written English.
- Systems Engineer – fundamental basis
- BCS – braking systems experience
- V+V – validation and verification systems engineering experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”