Principle Configuration Manager (BBBH13481) Portsmouth, England
|Salary:||GBP35 - GBP40 per hour|
My client is looking for a Principle Configuration Manager to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Principle Configuration Manager, you will be responsible for Major Project CADM activities and staff.
Lead and develop a CM and Documentation Team across business units and sites for their Project.
Ensure all Project Configuration Processes (CCB, ABCL, CIDL etc. as required) are maintained, in collaboration with the Project PMO Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
Role: Principle Configuration Manager
Pay: £40.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth (Hybrid 3 days on site 2 wfh)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
A Principal Configuration Manager may also be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment within the CADM functional requirements and associated processes.
Act as a focal point for Configuration Management for Projects/Site.
Support Transnational Process and Tool Improvement activities as required.
Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
- Day to day management of the configuration status of the Project.
- Managing the Project(s) workload and highlighting any perceived adjustments that might be required to the Local Team Lead or Department Head.
- Leading and managing Configuration and Documentation team members assigned to the project.
- Working closely with the Customer and Project ensuring the requirements are maintained without additional cost or impact to Project or Customer.
- Internal and external document/data management.
- Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting.
- Manage CCB activities and PDM tool administration as required.
- Creation and control of metadata
- Creation and management of relevant structures in PDM tool, across all domains affected
- Support & Train Project end users for all Configuration and Document issues
- Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions within and without Projects
- Support to Local Team Leader as required
- Ensure the quality of document/data management as a prerequisite for good project configuration control.
- The Principal Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool, across all domains and containers for their responsible Projects
- Reporting directly to the local CADM Team Leader.
- Coordinate all the multi-level CCB’s.
- Provide guidance and support to the Project Team inclusive of CADM Team members across all Business lines
- The Principal Configuration Manager will Liaise with their nominated counterparts in the Customer, Partners and Supplier Domains, and ensure efficient data and document flow regardless of Tools.
- Ensure adequate resources at the right capability are available to deliver all documents and Data-packs to meet Project requirements, and forward Load is identified and reported
- Good communication skills with all external stakeholders including Customers is essential.
- Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Teamcenter….)
- Minimum 7-10 years Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment
- Experience of working with Customers in a CM Liaison role
- Experience in a sensitive data environment advantageous
- Technical knowledge
- Full Configuration Management knowledge in:
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Structures (Assembly / Product etc)
- Baseline Management
- Change Management
- Status Accounting
- Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools
- Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred
- Excellent communication/teamwork with all internal stakeholders
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Good standard of education, Degree, HNC, Diploma, NVQ Level 5 or higher.
Oral & written English Language essential
CM II or equivalent qualification desirable
French/German languages advantageous
These industries are of interest:
(any industry with rigorous configuration control)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”