Panels Surface Treatments Technician (BBBH15176) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP15 - GBP17.13 per hour|
My client is looking for Panels Surface Treatments Technician to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Panels Surface Treatments Technician, you will be responsible for producing a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost, and delivery targets. To be certified as competent in the required skills as identified by the area skills matrix and to undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
Role: Panels Surface Treatments Technician
Pay: £17.13 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage (full time onsite, parking provided)
Contract: 12 Months (likely to be extended)
Hours: 40 hours per week - 06:00 – 14:00 & 14:00 – 22:00 (Fridays on this shift pattern will be 12:00- 20:00) Monday to Friday in fortnightly rotation (after initial familiarisation period) Midweek and Weekend additional hours available ad hoc
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
- Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work area.
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals’ skill set and business workload requirements.
- From time to time, you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
- Component masking
- Spray painting
- Grit blasting
- Crane operation
- Acid etching
- Surface treatments
- Adhesive mixing and measuring
- Industrial oven usage
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions – within specific procedures.
- Experience working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates.
- Experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport etc.
- Ability to work at height.
- Ability to mix paint compounds to manufacturer's criteria.
- Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team and leading activities.
- Masking of components
- Ability to use spraying equipment and general maintenance of such.
- Monitoring of spray booth and oven capabilities and understanding what is required to achieve maximum efficiency from these.
- Awareness of waste disposal management
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Over 3 years’ experience of working within a role in toolmaking, sheet metal working or similar technician role in general manufacturing.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”