Shipping Officer (BBBH14999) Bolton, England
|GBP23.51 - GBP24.72 per hour
My client is looking for a Shipping Officer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Shipping Officer, you will be responsible for for arranging & overseeing all export shipments from site to destinations all over the world to meet customer demands by road or air, in a timely manner whilst adhering to the MBDA processes to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business.
We are looking for an experienced shipping officer to join our team. You will bring with you experience in shipping within the UK and globally using road and air transport. You will prepare export documentation and will have good knowledge of incoterms, tariff codes and CPC codes. You will liaise and work closely with our in house export control team, customs department and our freight forwarders.
Role: Shipping Officer
Pay: £24.72 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35) PAYE £18.40
Contract: 12 months
Hours: Monday to Friday 37 hours per week.
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
- To liaise and work closely with our export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders.
- To deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
- Timely delivery of product in line with project demands
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Ensure topicality of Export Register, Transport Registers, Hazardous Goods Register
- Arrange UK and International transport movements. This also includes liaising closely with Security and Export control departments.
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
- Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Day to day knowledge of all movements from site
- General day to day housekeeping, ensuring any required administrative duties are completed for each shipment, ensuring we are audit compliant at all times
- Keeping up to date with the archiving and scanning
- Promotion of functional excellence
- The successful candidate would be expected to undertake Known consignor training and remain compliant to the controls put in place.
- At least 3 years Significant UK & International shipping experience required
- Detailed knowledge of export legislation
- Documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport & export documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities, etc.
- Arranging UK and International transport movements
- Knowledge of Export Licences and understanding of compliance requirements
- Transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Tariff codes, CPC codes and customs formalities required for imports/exports
- Working knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and US export control restrictions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- SAP materials management system. is preferred but not essential
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”