Manufacturing Waste Operative (BBBH14723) Hayes, England
|GBP21500 - GBP30500 per annum
My client is looking for an Industrial Manufacturing Waste Operative to join on them on a permanent basis. As an Industrial Manufacturing Waste Operative, you will be responsible for performing duties related to waste collection and environmental compliance in the Plating Shop. Supporting the Laboratory and plating team, this role will help clean, maintain, reduce and recycle materials from the plating shop. Additionally, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring the Plating Shop area is maintained to company’s housekeeping standards.
Role: Manufacturing Waste Operative
Pay: £21,500 to Max £30,500 per annum plus shift allowance PAYE (Maximum salary is an opportunity to grow to this level)
Location: Hayes, Middlesex
Contract: Permanent role
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday (Overtime)
Right to live and work within the UK without restrictions.
- Properly package and label special/hazardous waste and transport it to the designated waste storage location
- Test the functioning of high level alarms on all plating shop equipment equipped with such
- Maintain the shop floor, Pit, Effluent treatment Plant and the surrounding area clean and tidy to 5S standards
- Top up process tanks as instructed by the company chemist(s)
- Fill out paperwork attesting that the tasks have been completed on their due date
- Perform some basic mechanical equipment maintenance (removal of access panels etc.) to aid the performance of the Waste management part of the role
- Remove waste bags from the shop floor area and transport it to the designated waste storage location
- Prepare all waste for collection by the waste handling company on the designated day, and to assist in loading the truck
- Keep chrome/nickel/cadmium tank lips and bus bars clean of residue build-up
- Clean residue from plating shop tanks as required to ensure good product quality and safety
- Check and clean the grit blast / shot peen area in case of dust build up
- Use of Jet-washer during the weekly servicing of plating shop systems
- Show willingness to work in a safe manner within the workplace, with awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company’s environmental procedures.
- Maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book
- Maintain company’s housekeeping standards in Plating Shop and assist in cleaning procedures
- Support the rest of the company with waste collection if circumstances require it
- To provide support to Production in the Plating Shop if required by the company, subject to proper training
- You may be required to train personnel, subject to your qualifications and experience.
- The role is predominantly based in the Plating shop, the position requires from time to time flexibility in working hours including shift work and working overtime; weekend work may on occasion be required.
- The nature of the job requires the applicant to come into contact with various greases and oils; full complement of PPEs and training will be provided by the company.
- The job requires the applicant to perform manual handling.
- The position involves the use of complex machinery.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with safety and environmental regulations and company procedures.
- The job requires the applicant to stand for a prolonged amount of time with a number of breaks throughout the day.
- The position and process involves lifting heavy containers onto pallets in accordance to manual handling best practices.
- Desirable for the applicant to have previously held forklift and/or cherry-picker license.
- Good knowledge, awareness and understanding of use of PPE in industrial setting.
- Prior experience in handling hazardous waste is desirable.
- Desirable for the applicant to have worked within the Aviation environment.
- COMAH awareness is considered beneficial.
- Able to use their own initiative in order to complete the assigned tasks
- Good communicator- ability to communicate with colleagues regarding tasks, and other issues that affect the business
- PC and IT literate - ability to use SAP, Word, Excel and other Web based applications
- Capable of managing their time and keep on top of assigned tasks
- Able to maintain performance under pressure
- Willingness to learn new skills to help the Company achieve its targets
- Must be a strong team player willing to improve and learn methods and processes with the attitude to pass on knowledge and help with the improvement of the working environment within the Plating department
Education & Training
- Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
- Educated to GCSE level Maths and English A-C
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”