Health and Safety Manager (HSEW) Wirral, England
|GBP50000 - GBP50000 per annum
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Days – Monday to Friday
My client is looking for an experienced H&S Professional to work closely with one of their flagship sites. This company is a market leading manufacturer, and this role offers excellent scope for further development and growth in a H&S role within a great industry. This company is a progressive business, valuing investment into processes, staff, training & development across all departments.
- Promoting effective H&S Management including influencing ‘behavior’ and promoting a ‘H&S culture ‘of continuous improvement across both sites, particularly on the shop floor.
- Ensuring all EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations are reviewed, updated, communicated and adhered to across both sites.
- Ensuring that both sites meet their statutory obligations in relation to environmental, health, safety and welfare at work which would include statutory training and reporting.
- Ensuring that risk assessments and safe working procedures are completed and reviewed in line with relevant timescales.
- Ensuring accidents are documented, investigated and implementation of corrective actions.
- Establish a programme of audits, inspections and training, liaising with external providers and ensuring relevant employees are aware of their own responsibilities.
- Manage, chair and document Health and Safety Meetings ensuring that action points are met within deadlines.
- Participate in meetings and provide relevant reports where necessary.
- Liaise with all interested parties, including the HSE, Insurers, Solicitors and Suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years in a EHS Role
- Proven experience in the field of H&S within a manufacturing / industrial setting.
- Sound understanding of the relevant H&S standards and legislation
- Strong stakeholder management
- Team working and influential character
- Proactive and solution focused
As a business, my client is a market leader within their industry and has a strong presence across the whole of the UK. With a growing portfolio of clients this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering