Venue Compliance Manager (EMP-VCM2) London, England
|Salary:||GBP38000 - GBP45435 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
We have new and exciting opportunities at our Empire Casino
Do you have a passion and thrive within the environment for compliance, safer gambling and anti-money laundering?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Metropolitan Gaming is recruiting for venue compliance managers to join our expanding business, this is an opportunity for you to seek the challenge you are looking for and also build a fantastic career with us.
We are the fastest growing casino operator in the UK, leading brand in the luxury and premium mass entertainment gaming sectors and hospitality.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Leading Company Benefits
- Private Pension
- Training & Development Opportunities
What the role entails:
- Undertake routine Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence and Safer Gambling checks on new players or lapsed.
- Review, plan and undertake annual/biannual/quarterly or as required customer account assessments/customer risk assessments [EDD, source of funds/SOW, affordability, sustainability] in order to recommend (or otherwise) the establishment or continuation of Business Relationships to venue management for approval.
- Manage the process of completing such checks and in doing so become the focal person for managers, customer relations and employees for a compliance view, whilst also building, developing and maintaining relationships with customers in order to complete required checks.
- Work with CR’s [Customer Relations] to ensure all new and prospective VIP/HVC customers have fully completed EDD requirements in order to use casino facilities when they first visit or as soon as practically possible.
- Review and investigate reports of potentially suspicious activity from internal and external sources relating to active, new, and lapsed customers.
- Document and prepare suspicious activity reports as needed and in accordance with internal standard operating procedures.
- Tracking AML/SG metrics and Key Performance Indicators, developing related action plans and monitoring performance against plans.
- Provide advice, guidance, coaching and support to managers and operational employees to support the entire SG/AML process, including training needs.
- Support central Compliance department and MLRO with ad hoc requirements, additional reporting or support to projects as and when required, with the permission of the Venue Director, and to ensure SG/AML messages from Head Office are disseminated to appropriate Casino employees.
- Following notification of an SG/Affordability Trigger or identification of Risk Indicator, provide oversight of completion of all required SG/AML customer interactions to ensure they are completed on a timely basis and appropriate action is taken.
- Review the quality of interactions being carried out by casino personnel and provide support and coaching as required.
- Prepare for and attend weekly 1LOD review meetings with Venue Management, presenting areas for improvement and/or action and/or topics requiring discussion as required through monitoring customer accounts and actions taken on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining oversight of reporting of breaches and attempted breaches relating to underage entry.
- To regularly liaise (though attending meetings) with the Head Office compliance for information sharing purposes relating to SG/AML cases of general interest, lessons learnt and to raise queries to ensure a level interpretation/application across the MG estate.
- Continuously evaluate SG/AML processes from an operational and customer perspective and proactively engage with Head Office Compliance department on any potential areas for improvement.
- On compliance related matters, to act as the conduit of information from Operations into the Compliance function as and when required.
- Oversight of maintenance of all SG/AML literature and signage across the Venue.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Must be confident and credible, especially when dealing with peers, senior colleagues, and customers.
- Must always maintain a high level of confidentiality and act in a discreet manner regarding information in their
- Must be able to demonstrate competent research skills and be fully conversant with company procedures and databases utilised in relation to social responsibility and AML
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organised
- Must be proficient in using MS Office, possess intermediate to advanced IT skills in normal Microsoft applications (Word, ExCel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook).
- Previous experience in a relevant compliance role desirable.
- Administrative experience.
- Knowledge of laws and regulatory requirements relating to Anti-Money Laundering, Countering Terrorist Financing and Social Responsibility.
- Must be professional, polished and articulate, acting as an ambassador for Metropolitan Gaming both internally and externally.
- Must have a positive, can do attitude and approach to work, continually displaying and reinforcing the company’s required service standards and being personable and professional regarding interaction with all stakeholders and points of contact.
- ICA specialist certificate.
- experience of the land-based casino industry.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK