Lecturer/Tutor (UCCNEW) Bruce, Canberra, Australia
About the role
The University of Canberra College is looking to recruit talented lecturer/tutors in a casual capacity. A number of positions are available to teach the following units:
- Design, History, Culture and Society;
- Design Studio;
- Introduction to Design Thinking; and
- Built Environment Technology 1
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop quality teaching and learning materials within relevant Units.
- Undertake teaching and report on assigned unit outcomes.
- Develop and mark student assessments and provide appropriate constructive feedback to students.
- Perform administrative duties associated with teaching, including keeping of records using the relevant systems and databases.
- Liaise with the administration staff regarding student assessment processes and outcomes for assigned courses including, but not limited to: internal and external moderation activities; assessment committees; appeal of results; students at-risk student program progression; record keeping of all assessment items implemented within each program; and academic misconduct management.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a design, architecture, landscaping, or interior design area
- Experience teaching international and domestic students
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Experience in mixed mode teaching delivery
- Experience teaching in pathway programs and supporting students to succeed
- High standards of written and spoken communication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A collegiate and supportive work environment
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of young Australians and international students
Navitas is a leading global education provider that has helped generations of learners transform their lives through education. We create life-changing opportunities to learn by delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 aspirational students across our global network each year.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Richard Stevenson on 0448 040 006.
Applications close on Thursday, 3 March 2022 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.