Radiation Protection Technician (06/05/22) United Arab Emirates
Our client, world's largest Nuclear Sector is urgently looking for a “Radiation Protection Technician” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
- Work Location: UAE, Abu Dhabi
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract Duration: 3 Months (Extendable)
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Provide radiological protection to protect the health and safety of the general public and employees from the hazards of radiation through surveys, analyses, sampling and compliance with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Supervises activities of the junior technician
- Provide job coverage for radiological concerns during routine and special radiological work activities including continuous job coverage and remote monitoring activities when assigned. Special activities include medium and high radiological risk activities, such as radiography, diving operations, primary steam generator maintenance, in-core movement.
- Perform routine and job specific radiation surveys (including personnel exposure, breach of systems, area, and equipment contamination, air samples) to assess radiological conditions.
- Prepare, analyze, survey, package, and ship radioactive material, if assigned.
- Designate and operate temporary RCA as needed
- Monitor and perform Access Controls for various types of radiological conditions, such as for high, locked, and very high radiation areas, contaminated and high contaminated area, discrete radioactive particle areas, alpha and airborne contamination areas
- Prepare and conduct pre-job briefings per site procedures
- Establish and utilize necessary engineering controls when required by ALARA Plans and or Radiation Work Permits.
- Prevent the release of radioactive material from the RCA/ Radiation control areas
- Implement applicable operating experiences associated with the work activities
- Document complete, legible, and accurate records Utilize appropriate human performance tools when performing work activities
Interested Candidate Kindly apply ASAP.