Let’s Build Your Career, Together
Our Quality team understands its vital role in getting laboratory results to our community - error free, on time. Are you looking for a long term career? Are you looking for career growth? If you are adaptable and thrive in finding solutions for your customers, join one of the Most Admired Companies in Arizona!
This position is responsible for developing and managing analytics to drive fact-based, effective action as it relates to internal and external customer needs and meeting company roadmap objectives. (Analytics are the discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in data.) The data is used for performance monitoring including labor, lab utilization, costs, and quality to identify actionable result and drive decision-making. The data will also be used to interrogate patterns and trends across a patient’s continuum of care. Using established process, this position will define data and reporting scope and objectives based on user needs and a good understanding of applicable company systems and the organizational roadmap. This includes report and dashboard development using several integrated sources to solve complex problems considering required data, cost-effectiveness, and desired results.
1. Works with Laboratory Sciences of Arizona/Sonora Quest Laboratories (LSA/SQL) internal and external customers to determine end-user dashboard and analytics requirements, based on understanding the problems to solve. Participates in monitoring, reporting, and implementation of new continuous improvement programs in accordance with System Quality and Operations Management. Assists with written ROI analysis of proposed new reporting. This justification includes cost, benefits, issues, and policy concerns.
2. Follows established processes utilizing project planning tools and principals to guide the business analysis, implementation, and maintenance of metrics reports and dashboards. The process uses requirements gathering, data source determination, agile building including stakeholder VOC, QA, configuration management, user training, and check-adjust updates with users to determine the effectiveness of reports. Tracks activities and time spent in order to develop job estimating tools and calculate return on investment of labor.
3. Participates in various committees within the system, laboratory, or hospital system to assist in process improvement and error reduction. Interacts with a diverse set of customers (i.e. co-workers, system, hospital staff, and physicians) with ability to establish customer needs and present analytics in a clear, effective and engaging manner.
4. Investigates, recommends, defines and builds reporting customization requirements including specifications for new and existing data sources, data visualization, and reporting requirements. Continuously works to improve these platforms, reports, and analysis to meet user’s needs in emerging and changing market demands. Participates in new data integrations.
5. Assists internal clients with the development and coordination of user acceptance testing scenarios. Validates own and peer’s dashboards and reporting. Conducts internal/external client training on effective use of analytics systems and reports or tools to maximize utilization and improve management of process performance and growth goals.
6. Demonstrates a high level understanding of the data elements and standards typically involved in Health Care transactions and reporting. Creatively presents lab data and reports in a way that satisfies and balances regulatory and compliance requirements with business needs.
• Associate’s Degree in Lab Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, or related field or equivalent level of education.
• Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing MS Excel.
• Basic understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Three (3) years’ of related work experience (health care, Information Technology, Analytics).
• Highly developed interpersonal, customer service, communication, and documentation skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills, high level of self-motivation, ability to work well with others.
• Ability to solve complex problems utilized in a highly technical and changing environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Lab Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, or related field.
• Informatics/analytics experience in a Healthcare environment.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
• Project management experience.
• Experience working with relational databases.
• Experience working with data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
• Experience and/or certification in Six Sigma/Lean.