Games Design Lecturer (HE) (SYDGAM2021) Chippendale, Sydney, Australia
About the role
The position involves planning, developing, and delivering training and administration of units of accredited courses at HE degree level to both local and international students. You will be part of a dynamic and creative team that supports students to reach their full academic potential and develops their experience in preparation for entering their respective industries.
You will also pro-actively promote the achievements of SAE, its students, and staff and build relationships to further promote the Institute's programs within the wider professional community. This is a collegial role important in shaping and developing the curriculum and academic direction for SAE at campus and national level.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- A discipline related postgraduate qualification, preferably at Masters level
- A high level of professional industry practice in games or creative media with an established portfolio of work
- Teaching or training experience either in a higher education or professional environment
- Experience in Games Development software such as Unity and Unreal
- Passion to assist students reach their full academic potential while providing an outstanding student experience
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- High level of agile critical thinking and problem-solving ability
What we can offer you:
- Work at our centrally located city campus in a fun, dynamic team
- Creative, modern, world-class facilities in a truly global organisation
- Collegial and collaborative environment focussing on academic excellence
SAE's collaborative, project-based approach to creative media education provides students with a hands-on, collaborative and industry-aligned way to achieve formal qualifications. SAE students and staff have access to the best industry equipment and facilities and are supported to develop collaborative, industry-relevant projects throughout their studies.
Work placements and employability skills are deeply embedded in SAE's approach and act as a pathway for employment and life-long learning, SAE's whole of institution approach to practice-based, industry-aligned learning and teaching is designed to give its graduates an unfair advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online. For further information, please contact Radovan Klusacek (02) 8241 5308.
Applications close on Friday, 14 May, 2021 at 23:59 however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to the close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo a criminal records check.