Oracle Database Administrator (111) San Antonio, Texas
Oracle Database Administrator
Provides database support by verifying databases associated with network tools and solutions function as required. Responsible for managing the routine operations and maintenance of databases and ensuring their reliable and efficient performance. Focuses on establishing the architecture, design, and security of various databases.
- Administer, develop, test, upgrade, patch, backup, restore, clone databases.
- Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
- Oracle Database Administration and Tech Architecture-System Maintenance.
- Provide support for database environments, including testing and installation of DBMS upgrades, and Oracle security patches.
- Database performance tuning.
- Provide 24 X 7 production database support as needed.
- Oracle DB administration on multiple instances.
- Oracle 12c on Linux/Unix OS; backup/recovery using Oracle RMAN; Database patching; PL/SQL
- Experience working with Oracle advanced features such as RAC, Data Guard, WebLogic, OEM, Oracle Forms and Reports and Oracle Virtual Directory.
- Knowledge of Grid, CRS, ASM configuration, management
- Knowledge of Oracle security management
- Identity Access Management, with protocols like SAML2 and integration with Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Broad technical knowledge of client/server and web-based environments.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and writing skills
- Linux shell-scripting; understanding of database encryption technologies (TDE)
- Strong project planning and estimating skills related to area of expertise
- Experience working with AWS and or Oracle Cloud Computing (private or public)
7+ years of relevant work experience; Bachelor's degree; postgraduate degree may substitute for 6 years of experience.