Web Developer (003) Chantilly, Virginia
• Coordinates with content developers and graphics designers to ensure that needs are technically feasible, translating detailed designs into executable software.
• Provides technical site maintenance and advice on moderately complex issues related to animation, search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics, and other technical web developments.
• Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written and then designs, codes, debugs, and documents programs.
• Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product
• Designs user interfaces of interactive web applications including ADA 508, and cross browser compliance.
• Maintains compliance with standards and conventions in developing programs.
• Develops required specifications for simple to moderately complex programs or problems.
• Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action for the non-routine issues.
• Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
• Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
2-5 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Experience with C++ and Visual Basic also desirable.
Other Job Specific Skills
• Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
• Experience developing scalable databases and applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
• Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
• Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
• Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
• Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
• Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.