Sharepoint Developer (005) Chantilly, Virginia
ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients’ missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
ASM Research in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a Mid-Level SharePoint/Database Developer to support a large enterprise IT service.
This position will provide comprehensive automation/information technology expertise in support of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA), data management, and knowledge management missions. This effort includes but is not limited to database administration, web/software development and maintenance, logistics support, and operations and sustainment support.
- Supports data profiling, data analysis, and logical and physical data modeling
- Evaluate and import data from various databases and external sources
- Determines database structural requirements by working with business stakeholders and identifying optimal database specifications. Ensures that database design and system capabilities meet validated user requirements.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications and changes
- Evaluates the integration of new tools or technologies based on the capabilities of the existing infrastructure.
- Support the creation, execution, and documentation of functional and automated tests necessary to ensure that delivered product meets requirements.
- Write, code, test and analyze software programs and applications
- Project and production support including customizations and applications that provide enhanced business functionality
- Work with agile development team on release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers
- Enhance existing programs and systems to correct errors or provide new functions
- Design and specify test procedures including unit, system, and integration testing
- Design system and program test data, debug programs using appropriate system tools and ensure system and program results are accurate to meet specifications
- Provide daily customer and production support including production issues, enhancements, maintenance and training
- Assist, coach and mentor other Software Developers
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, and SSIS
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- MS Suite; word, excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines
- Ability to work closely with customers
- Must be a team player
- Must be willing to take on other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- 5 or more years’ experience
- Candidates must be able to undergo a background investigation in order to gain access to classified/protected information
- Experience with SharePoint page development
- Experience with development of SharePoint components (web parts, application pages, page layouts, etc.) for enterprise scale Portal and Collaboration solution
- Experience with Out of the Box SharePoint solutions including the development of InfoPath forms and SharePoint Custom Workflows