Compliance Manager (894588) Evesham, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + excellent benefits|
Product Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Technical
My client is responsible for the design, product development and manufacturing supply chain management of flooring products to its global customers via Asia based outsourced manufacturing partners.
Headquartered in Worcestershire and supported by a Taiwan Branch team, you will be joining an organisation full of passionate and supportive people excited about the business and how it is evolving to meet the demands of the future.
This new role carries full responsibility for product compliance within company and will support the factory-related needs of its customers. It will also drive agreed strategic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) improvements through the supply chain to deliver on agreed ESG targets. This role will interact with staff involved in multiple functions and at all levels within company with its customers. Working both within a team and individually are essential features of the role. The role will be within the technical team. Being a member of a small team, considerable flexibility in approach will be essential.
It would combine a mix of on-site working at Evesham as well as some remote working. It is expected that the candidate would need to be based in the local area/commutable to it. Some international travel may be required including both European and long haul. Travel within the UK could also be anticipated. There are no direct reports. This role will work collaboratively in a matrix structure: -supported remotely by colleagues in our Far Eastern office.
It would suit an experienced chemist/material scientist who has a successful track record in compliance/product testing and has a deep interest /some experience in delivering om product sustainability.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Driving Compliance and Environmental, Social and Governance
- To take full responsibility for leading, coordinating and delivering all product related compliance and sustainability functions, within company
- To drive manufacturing partners to deliver on product performance/improvement targets set by company and its group partners
- To drive manufacturing partners to deliver on Environmental Social and Governance targets required set by company and its group partners.
- To represent company in group wide sustainability initiatives
- To be the first and main point of contact within company for Group/ technical & sustainability staff in provision of supply chain related technical/sustainability support.
- To facilitate new product accreditations and renewal of existing accreditations for customers, alongside timely communication/tackling of issues.
- Review, develop and improve the compliance and sustainability processes for the whole supply chain, including compilation of new procedures and processes where necessary.
- Represent company at UK at Internationally based industry bodies for compliance and ESG matters when required and take part in initiatives arising, which further the interests of company and its customers.
- Identify forthcoming threats/opportunities from an ESG and compliance perspective and find solutions to address them.
- To identify appropriate new areas of opportunity for company, particularly in relation to environmental and product performance, to ensure customers have industry leading accreditation within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that compliance and ESG tasks are completed to a high standard and in a timely fashion within the task tracker.
- To keep up to date with new Global product standards, environmental requirements, and regulations relevant to flooring, and in the process, identify threats/opportunities.
- Feed intelligence into NPD development plans
- Contribute sustainability & compliance content to NPD handover packs for new products
- Lead and / or contribute to problem solving activities.
- Build strong alliances with senior stakeholder team members and partners.
- To deputise for Head of Technical when required.
- To present progress to individuals and groups within the wider business when required
- Prepare monthly report for company, detailing progress
- Any other duty appropriate to the nature & level of responsibility of the role.
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong track record of achievement in the compliance/
• Some experience of improving product sustainability credential
• An understanding and working knowledge of resilient floor coverings would be advantageous
• knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Competent with MS Office, (Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and MS word essential)
• Sound knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures
• • •
Excellent written and verbal communication skills persuasive, persistent, assertive
Tactful & resilient
Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively
Ability to run multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
Ability to build consensus and productive relationships across the full supply / customer chain at a senior level.
Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Time management
• Ability to deliver quality output to deadlines
• Strong team skills
• Use initiative appropriately
Attitude & Values
• Hard-working & helpful
• Minimum 5 years recent experience in compliance in any of the following industries
- Floor coverings, adhesives, Plastics/rubbers, Coatings,
- Paints /similar
• Degree qualified in chemistry/materials science/ polymer science/very similar
from leading UK university with at least 2i Hons
• Numerate with excellent command of written and spoken English
• Good presentational skills
• Driving license desirable
• Must be willing to travel in UK/long haul